Problems with aliases?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Corren

Prounreal.com Founder
Dec 13, 1999
forums.prounreal.com
When I try to use a 'OnRelease' action, it doesn't work...Can anyone help me with this?

Also...How do you do a 'wait' in an alias?

Thanks

Corren

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
behindview 1 | OnRelease behindview 0

thats the proper way to use the OnRelease thing, dont forget the |

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Corren

Prounreal.com Founder
Dec 13, 1999
forums.prounreal.com
OK...some things work...

for example:

GetWeapon Translocator | OnRelease SwitchToBestWeapon | OnRelease Behindview 0

That works fine

but something simple like

Onrelease jump

OR

Onrelease Fire

Or

Onrelease Altfire

None of those work, even with no other commands.

GregC

May 21, 2000
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Visit site
Ok, this is entirely a product of my own logic, so it may not be the real reason...

The way I see it, the reason you can't bind the OnRelease with commands like Jump, Fire, AltFire is that these commands require that you press that button and HOLD it.

OnRelease only sends one signal (which is such a small time interval that the game doesn't register it as holding the key down).

The way to do it would probably be with a combination of OnRelease and Toggle commands (of course, you'd have to toggle it back somehow afterwards, with another key or a wait command, but I'm not sure UT has wait commands; if anyone knows of a wait command, let me know).

I

ImagoX

For what it's worth, I have heard that the developers "prevented certain things from being aliased together" to limit the power of certain combinations. I also heard that many of these limitations involve movement, since they would reduce certain skill-related moves to just a war of who-has-the-best-script. This is the reason that's usually given in UT FAQ pages for why there is no way to assign the "dodge" command to an alias (as an example).

Of course, I've never even got an alias to work in UT, so I may be wrong- hell, I'm STILL trying to find an alias that works to use the Translocator with one key (fire on key, teleport on key release)...

-[MUTTS]ImagoX

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Try |OnRelease Prevweapon That would get you the weapon you had before switching to the impact hammer. You can do more two things but maybe just not certain things. I would think that it would do the bind you wanted it to do though, try what i suggested and see if it works.

Striker III

Nov 27, 1999
cottage grove
striker.homepage.com
teletraining
i assume thats crossing the map quickly?

hehe i get dizzy just watching someone do it
( plus if somone trans within 10 feet in front of me , my fps bottoms out at 1 while the sparkles go off
uuuugh
im so dizzy
your perfectly right . heres the move across one
single player its ummm, great - sometimes ya gotta prime it
click , release. click re-click-rel-clic-rel
WHEW!

Aliases[29]=(Command="GetWeapon Translocator | Fire | OnRelease AltFire",Alias=TransJump)

Cheers

bullet2.gif

[This message has been edited by Striker III (edited 05-31-2000).]