Malware and the animated gif thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Google chrome is warning me away from loading the last page of the animated gif thread due to Malware.

I don't know if i've got some crazy nonsense on my machien as i've never seen chrome do that before or whether Firefly is still hotlinking and has picked an even worse source to do it from...

No other page/thread/site is causing the error.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Chrome isn't very smart.

Apparently Google doesn't like damnlol.com. First time I've seen this.

ouloL.jpg

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Google chrome is warning me away from loading the last page of the animated gif thread due to Malware.

I don't know if i've got some crazy nonsense on my machien as i've never seen chrome do that before or whether Firefly is still hotlinking and has picked an even worse source to do it from...

No other page/thread/site is causing the error.
It's part of chrome. It will give you this warning if you click on links that Google considers malicious. If I'm not mistaken, you can see a similar warning regardless of your browser if you click damnlol.com (or any other site google has flagged) from a google search.

Here's what the automated system has to say
http://www.google.com.cn/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=damnlol.com/

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
DNB (and Jacks who quoted him) could simply remove those green screen gyrating GIFs from their posts and all would be well.

Or we can speculate on Google's malware protection scheme for a bit more.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I second that Cryptopheak.
It is definitely my age, but AnimGifs were cool in the early 90's as you had no choice.

In this day and age there are better alternatives. And also for image hosting.
I got my own ad-free site, for free, and I have storage for 2GB.
If animGifs are so special I could show you all the 1.8GB gif I have of a scene from 2001 space odyssey.
Actually why does the "world and it's dog" insist on using such an out-dated format, when it was replaced by MNG (animPNG) in 1996 ? http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/
I wish we had moved-on a bit by now.

The prevalence in this site for multi-megabyte signatures, has already been clamped-down on recently, and has started to creep in again.
I use Opera's content blocking so thankfully I see very little of it, till someone uses a host I haven't blocked.

I am glad there is a thread here for it, so if it is worth posting you have your Anim-theatre. But get yourselves a free blog or free site to hot-link from, and you won't get any of the problems associated with those crappy image upload services.

That's all folks ;)
bugzbunny.gif