Is it possible to make this NFSU map for 2k4ONS?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I played this Need for Speed Underground demo yesterday, and the map is the ONS map I've been looking for.

I want it so badly that I'm willing to fire up UE and try to figure it out myself. However after watching the textures whizzing by they look very low resolution.

I guess my question is do you think a map made with all these lights and textures run horribly? It reminds me of Angel Hearts maps, they LOOK great but gameplay is totally out of the question.

I'm not even going to try if half the pc's out there are going to get like 1 fps.

I know it's a big d/l but it's worth looking at the City map you race in.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
go for it man. I dont' think textures will slow a PC down as much as having a ton of static meshes would (for example)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
I played this Need for Speed Underground demo yesterday, and the map is the ONS map I've been looking for.

I want it so badly that I'm willing to fire up UE and try to figure it out myself. However after watching the textures whizzing by they look very low resolution.

I guess my question is do you think a map made with all these lights and textures run horribly? It reminds me of Angel Hearts maps, they LOOK great but gameplay is totally out of the question.

I'm not even going to try if half the pc's out there are going to get like 1 fps.

I know it's a big d/l but it's worth looking at the City map you race in.

Though I don't know about how it would run, that WOULD be a nice looking ONS map, kinda in line with what you've been asking for. I'd like to see someone make to as well.

Side note - NFSU - stick with the demo and stay away from retail, unless your a ricer fan and think Fast and the Furious is "da bomb." Someone bought it for me, and I felt obligated to play it.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
DaBeatard said:
I've been meaning to pm this to you Han, but I keep forgeting. Tribes: Vengance video-
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=137796

It's a big download, but towards the end of the video there is a map that looks sort of what you have been looking for.

I think that's the one that was on the BU front page?, yeah it looks pretty cool, but most of the ONS 'Urban' maps look like that already. Kinda open with the odd busted building here and there.

I want something like that NFSU demo, with all that street detail.

ps. I'm gonna try Tribes-V when it comes out, that grappling hook is too cool to pass up. :D

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:

I guess my question is do you think a map made with all these lights and textures run horribly?
I have a feeling that if this is something you want, you're going to have to make it yourself. I did a little searching and didn't find anything close to what you are looking for.
Is it possible to make it run well? Of course. Could you do it? I bet you could. Once you get the scale right (width of streets, height of buildings), then all you'll have to worry about is the look/feel of the map (modern/future?).

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
DaBeatard said:
I have a feeling that if this is something you want, you're going to have to make it yourself.

You know how to map and you know what I want, can't you just do it for me?

And have it ready for FragBU this weekend:eek:

It'll be a nice gift for TWD's going away Fragfest....

:lol:

I've already got a good layout on graph paper, I'm going to try it :D

"ONS-Hanasstacular"