Get DM-Campground-LE for UT now !

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Get DM-Campgrounds-LE for UT now !

I've been looking for an adaptation of Quake 3's Campgrounds and Stynky, a guy from Portugal who recently joined our clan, sent this map. It's prefixed DM but it appears that the map was also designed to be played as a Domination map (simply switch the prefix to DOM-). Download it now from the following link :D .

Download

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Very very nice adaptation
I like the changes from the default Quake 3 map (the prison cells and the statues) , and the famous bridge jump to rail that was possible with Q3 circle strafing physic leading to a problem as it this physic is not possible with UT has been nicely solved by the addition of a jumper in the bridge :)

I have several maps with Quake 3 textures already, and i noticed that this adaptation seems to use some of them.
But , in the zipped archive there is only the .unr file. It can be a problem if someone downloading it does not have the textures.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I agree that this is a very nice adaptation indeed. You should address Smiley with your concerns as he made the map, or perhaps we can figure out what UTX files are needed.

It actually featured in one of his videos and I contacted him to ask if I could have it. However, at the time he said that there was some problems with proportions and didn't know how to resize the map without messing it up. I haven't been able to get in touch with him since and it's a nice turn of events that someone else was able to get the map and sent it :D .

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... i saw the same move, asked the same, got no good answer. Also, i've got the map from a server a while back, and renamed the cache file. On a related note, i too, am from Portugal...

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
Fearless said:
It actually featured in one of his videos and I contacted him to ask if I could have it. However, at the time he said that there was some problems with proportions and didn't know how to resize the map without messing it up.
Compliments to Smiley's videos, he sure have some really great UT videos :tup:
And he was (or still is?) one of the few active members sometimes at the Ninjagaz UTMovie making forum.

about the Q3 map, I always found in the orignal Q3 map, that there were too much good items on those statue platforms , but the remake is aweasome, I find it always amazing that Q3 maps are re-made so well :)

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
Lol, why do you find it horrible?

for me its too long ago to remember the map correctly (played Q3 1999/2000), but from what I remember, this map looks like a pretty good remake. (except for the textures maby)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It just does. Judging by that pic, it "looks" nothing like the original. Bad choice of textures (especially the walls...) But ok, that's just one pic.

Btw: Another nice avy you got there ;-)

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
It doesn't look that horrible in my opinion
screen 1
screen 2
screen 3
screen 4

certainly one of the best adaptation from a Q3 map available (some minor nitpickings aside), and i liked the original in a 3/4 FFA.
Thanks again for the map Fearless .

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
I think performing infamous bridge jump with jump pud is kinda cheap. I think it's better 2 replace it with some UT tricks ... something like dodging on a slope.
& level seems 2 be too big ... sniper & shock dominate the level. bio is useless. rocket is almost useless ...

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Nahand said:
... i saw the same move, asked the same, got no good answer. Also, i've got the map from a server a while back, and renamed the cache file. On a related note, i too, am from Portugal...

So you think you may be the source ;) ? I did get an answer but Smiley said that scaling was a bit off or something of that order. Also, he doesn't seem to like the attention his videos are getting him. He has numerous fans but there's also some players who are just itching to get a match with him and I don't he likes the belligerant types of players at all.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Awww, why are you so critical ? I kind of like the gold edges on the walls and walkways and there's some custom touches that give it a UT feel. The scaling isn't so bad either. It's not a bad adaptation even if it doesn't have the same feel as the original. It's almost as if you were implying that CampingGrounds shouldn't be adapted at all.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
The kind of maps that make me to regret the disparition of the deja-review website.
Sad to have seen this great website collecting conversions maps from a lot of games gone to the oblivion.

Making a list of "other games to UT" converted maps would be interesting.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
DM-Campingrounds-LE

pretty purple sky, nice banners and trim, clean textures, different jumping mechanics from Q3, nice UT colors, various levels and nice z-axis, bots are good.

http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/DeathMatch/MapsC/&file=dm-campingrounds-le.zip

It's funny how the original Q3 map is called The Camping Grounds, but somehow over the years all or at least more of the remakes (all UT games) are called Campgrounds of some sort.:eek:

Last edited: