What hardware do You need to play UW ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Varpu

Novice Nali City Reviewer
May 21, 2001
Finland
furpile.com
I'm facing a computer upgrade I'm afraid.
So, what hardware do You need to play/edit UW maps ?

I would like to know minimum/good/overkill setup.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
UW won't be out before 2003.

Acc. Moore's law the speed of PCs doubles every 1.5 years. This means by the time UW is released the standard PC will be roughly a 3-4 GHz CPU with 1GB RAM with a 128MB video card (probably a GeForce 4 or so).

If you buy a top end machine now, UW will probably still be playable on it in 1.5 years, but it'll be rather at the lower end of the system requirements.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
That's not necessarily true, because games are made for a larger range of systems. A P3 500 with 128mb of RAM is 2 years old, but will still play most of the stuff out there at high detail levels.

Besides, there is no set release date for Unreal Warfare.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
dont forget about what happened with unreal.

Stuff happens and games get delayed. Unreal took 4 years.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by -_-T()()L-_-
dont forget about what happened with unreal.

Stuff happens and games get delayed. Unreal took 4 years.

and Unreal was the first game of the series, which means they had to build the engine. (well, they actually built 2, but....)

XinderbocK

Sep 27, 2001
Los, California
Visit site
WOW 4 YEARS

I didnt no that 4 years to make UW.. OMG that is quit sad.. well they have been workin on other games and consoles for other companies.. NM as long as they aint jackin off..and messin with gamers time and money.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
In a recent interview (linked off of PUnreal I think) Sweeney was saying that the U2 engine won't be happy without Gforce2 system and will smile with a GF3. Guessin the UW engine would be about the same.

I would imagine CPU/RAM/HD would go with that trend.

Works for me, my old HP PII has been begging to become a sandbox.

rgx:trans:

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
That sounds about right, RegularX. I believe that U2 and UW are both based on the same engine. Theoretically speaking you won't see a game built using technology that isn't out yet, so from that point of view current high end systems should be able to run U2 and UW when they are released.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
NM as long as they aint jackin off..and messin with gamers time and money.

it's disgraceful when you think of the amount of money you pay them every month to develop their so-called games.

Oh, wait a minute....