Easiest way to convert .psa & .psk to .3ds / .mb

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cmberryau

Aug 30, 2008
Is there an easy way to convert unreal model files to .3ds and maya files?

Even if it isn't easy I'd like to know, need it urgently!

Thanks to anyone that can help!

CiberX15

Oct 5, 2008
I case it helps any one else, I use blender to export all my files. It can export to .ase, .psk, .psa, and 3ds. You do need to download plug-ins for the .ase and .psk/.psa exports though.

cmberryau

Aug 30, 2008
I ended up using Milkshape to import the .psk, then import the .psa.

If I used it the other way around it would crash, I guess because it had to have the skeleton loaded before the animations.

I ended up finding a much easier solution to my entire original problem, which was importing a custom humanoid model and a skeleton for it using the HumanMaleA animation set. I'll write up a tutorial once I have it all finished, because I found this quite hard to find on the net and others may find it really helpful.

I found a maya script which constructed a complete UT2004 original skeleton, which made my life so much easier. I'll post a mirror for it when I get a chance.