Modern Warfare 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_7_dYWMsL0[/m]

OH LOOK. RUSSIANS! Originality, they can't do it can they?

Im guessing this is going to be hyped more then MW2 and BLOPS were, and then end up being even worse. :lol:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Haha oh wow Am3rica

Sounds like Makarov though, so I might just check it out. On the other hand, it'll most likely be a terrible game, so maybe I'll safe that money and wait for BF3 instead.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
MW2 was awesome. Yeah, the plot wasn't very cohesive, but damn do IW put you in the moment like no one else. The homeland attack scenes were the most exhilarating moments I've felt in a game for a long time or ever. Of course that crappy Homefront game that I never bought were just going along with that.

As for the multiplayer, CoD4 was awesome and fresh for me, but that got old after a while especially with the newer CoDs. Meh.

Who happens to be working on this project? :p

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I won't be getting this on release day till I hear that it runs better than Blops. It isn't Treyarch though, and IW's games have always been well optimized so their is hope.

Also 20 multiplayer maps seems too good to be true. How many maps did MW2 launch with?

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Who happens to be working on this project? :p

according to Wikipedia (don't know how accurate or old the info is):

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is an upcoming first-person shooter video game. It will be the eighth installment in the Call of Duty series. Due to a legal dispute between the game's publisher Activision and the former co-executives of Infinity Ward - which caused several lay-offs and departures within the company[20] - Sledgehammer Games will assist in the development of the singleplayer, and Raven Software will develop the multiplayer.[21] The game is said to have been in development since only two weeks after the release of their previous game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.[21] Sledgehammer is aiming for a "bug free" first outing in the Call of Duty franchise, which also sets a goal for Metacritic review scores above 95 percent.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I can't really imagine what IW could bring into this game, that would make it worth the money. It's the 7th installment in a series where the last 3 games have just been the same over and over again, with only a few new additions here and there, most of the time just making the core gameplay worse.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
I hope for awesome and nothing less. Let's see if they can come up with something new. MW2 is fun and all, but i feel it needs something different. I want it still "Call of Duty" but improved, meaningful improvements.

And of course, i hope we won't need another AlterIWNet to play the goddamn game.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Wow, even this teaser is identical to the MW2 teaser. Are they trying to make it seem recycled?

Also, a summary of the whole campaign was leaked by Kotaku if anyone is interested.
It's basically MW2, just in new locations

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
It would appear many videos have now appeared. 3ngland, Franc3, G3rmany all as locations

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG_JegQ2GhQ[/m]
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_PR4Tg0fM[/m]
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NqwnraL1Pw[/m]