Infiltration mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

monkeyface

Novice - my ass
Apr 7, 2001
The U.S. of A.
Visit site
Yeah I just downloaded that big S.O.B. , extracted it to my UT directory and double clicked on it to install it ran through it's little setup thing the blue bars came and went ( telling me it has installed itself ) but when I started the game up....There was no sign of it

What the hell do I do?

Any help to this is highly appreciated.

monkeyface

Novice - my ass
Apr 7, 2001
The U.S. of A.
Visit site
Yeah I found it and got it to run and all I have to say is
WHAT A BUCH A CRAP
I thought it was another weapons mod like Tac Ops.

but instead it's some weird spin off game thats nothing like UT.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
lol @ I_AM :D

See what reading can avoid? Always read labels/directions/instructions... ;)

Monkeyface... Bunch of crap? That's a bit harsh. The INF peeps put a lot of hard work into that mod. Just because you don't care for it's style of play does not make it a 'bunch of crap'. It is a high quality mod (conversion) that has a HUGE following. Rightfully so as it is as real as any 'realism' fps available. And it's FREE if you have UT! Try it again with an open mind, maybe you'll see it for what it is and enjoy the change in game style. :)

monkeyface

Novice - my ass
Apr 7, 2001
The U.S. of A.
Visit site
Your right it was harsh and I apologize to all its fans and creators. I will try it again.

and ah, Mouthofboron I dont wear shorts and if I did I dont think you would want to eat them. Try a candy bar.

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
I play ball with a guy named monkeyface... small world.. :)

INF is a completely different game... and I love it... give it a chance... it's much closer to real warfare, but theres a bit of a learning curve involved...

monkeyface

Novice - my ass
Apr 7, 2001
The U.S. of A.
Visit site
Um real warfare? I sincerily doubt that any game crammed into 100 megs is similiar to real warfare. I think to achieve that you must actually leave the computer room, and go out side.
(my own opinion though)

so beergun, you know a guy named monkey face, is he really rich and look like this?

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
LOL... MMMMMM-Monster pic!

BeerGun is right, INF is the closest thing you can get to real warfare in a computer game. But I'm sure we all agree with you, monkeyface, that it is still nothing like the real deal. :)

/misses playing 'war' in the woods growing up...

Uisge

May 19, 2000
Visit site
For anyone new to reading this thread who doesn't know what's being talked about: Infiltration is a Total Conversion rather than a simple Mod. It's started from it's own front end, not from within UT, but you have to have UT installed.

Infiltration is a "War" mod. You are on one of two squads of modern-day soldiers with realistic weapons who shoot it out. The squad which wipes out the other squad wins.

You don't pick up weapons, you start with a "loadout" that you select at the beginning of the round. You can create and save several loadouts for use in different maps. Weapon & ammo weight has penalties.

One of several unique features is that you can lie completely prone as well as crouch or stand. The mod tries to be realistic so, for instance, you dont have a crosshair, you aim using the actual sights on your weapon (or you can shoot from the hip with much less accuracy of course). That works suprisingly well.

There is a "last player countdown" to prevent things being drawn out for ever should the last survivor of the losing squad go to ground and hide.

You need to download the Map Pack as well as the Game File.

The current version of Infiltration is is 2.85.3. Version 2.86 is due for release soon :)

http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
Geez if I got out any more than I do already, my family wouldn't recognize me... and the golf course would have me arrested for camping there...

I only meant "warfare" in relation to what was said in a few of the above threads.... in comparison to UT with it's "science fiction" type weapons... the tactics simulate the type of strategies you might employ in real combat, rather than spamming spinning razor blades around corners to decapitate people for example.. if a game were put out that simulated the horrors of "real" warfare, I don't think many people would want to play it....

and yeah the guy I play ball with does look like the fellow in your picture, although I think his head might be a bit smaller.... ;)

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
No worries bro... didnt take it that way at all... know how you feel about mod frustrations, we've all been there...
I guess what I was really trying to say was.. out of all the 100's of mods, INF is one of the good ones...