Not dead, are you?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Hmmmm no general discussion forum.......
Anyway, RTS games are great, im yet to download this mod.
I have the whole C&C series, and have played a little and own the whole close combat series.
So is this mod dead? i mean i wouldnt know, first time here, but i mean you people could be hard at work doing another release, i wouldnt know.
So, i hope i enjoy this when i download it, and it looks great.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Awww man, you are dead arent you?
dam it, i cant find any decent mirror thats working, why does this have to be dead????

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Awww, BU has no pacific mirrors, since JS games went.
Ah well, its only small. Thanks, i'll tell you what i think.
Hmmm, its over a year old, is this even still being developed? is their a community?

edit: i guess nope and nope, i hoped for a botmatch, but you dont have any AI support, and then i hoped for a server and there was none :( :(

Last edited:

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
Yes, we had a very tiny group of people (10-15 ) who enjoyed this mod, a year ago. Today noone cares, noone plays. So don't waste your time, like I've wasted mine. I'm sorry but unfortunately there is probably noone left who could play it with you. :( Time will tell ...

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Dam, i love rts games!
Renegade failed because of EA, and this failed due to lack of players
Seige2004 sucks, i downloaded it, only to be presented with a game to build buildings you have to guess the number which does what you want, the menu has no writing on it.
Oh well, i guess this ends up happening with all mods. Its why AI support i say is essential, because otherwise once online goes, nothing is left.

Daemon13

Nov 19, 2005
Hey that's too bad, I downloaded the mod, loved the buildings and units, good to know you arnt totally dead though.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
i know its hard, but i play mods like AirBuccaneers which hardly anyone plays now, with bots when im bored.
I have a total of around 6 or 7 TC mods i can play with AI, and i enjoy them a lot, especially DA2.
EA games sucks and you know it. WoW is good, but a rip off.
A next gen game is ut2007, which you could mod for.

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
We were thinking of implementing AI but realized that it was impossible to do in the short time frame in order to make it into the MSU contest. Now on the one hand we might have the time for that, but ont the other hand I wonder who will actually play and care for it? According to our coder the single player AI is not that easy to implement though , because everything has to be done in UScript, which is horribly slow in realtime. The ideal solution would be a direct C++ approach, but as we are not full licensees of the unreal engine, we have no access to the wanted approach. One of our aims was to show the potential of the unreal engine, as in turning it completely into something different it wasn't originally developed for, an RTS game. And as you can see we have achieved that aim.

UT2007 sounds interesting, but the game, the engine is still in development. We just have to wait and see what kind of dev tools it will come with. However a direct port to ut2007 is questionable, because of graphics detail mismatch. The current engine is just fine for our purpose, but the major question remains unanswered: Who and how many will actually play this mod?

Last edited: