New FHI Level Idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mimiked

The man with the Sword!
Heres the Basics of my Idea:

It's pretty much an great expansion to the Objective maps:
You would be at a different location for each wave (after a wave ends, a door opens or a someway of allowing the players to move on) on foot or maybe vehical the next wave wouldn't iniate until a player reached the next location. After wave 16 (the level isnt over yet) the players would walk to a flat arena and there lies the boss dude (or maybe even dudet).

An Example:
wave 1: The enterance to a complex
after the wave ends, the enterance door opens
wave 2: a factory area
after wave ends, a hole open in the middle and players jump in
wave 3: The Reactor area
wave ends
Mini-boss: The Reactor
Reactor goes boom
people must escape the factory in one minute (any player who doesn't make it in time is out under wave 4 is over)
wave 4 a grassy plain with a little storage house in the middle and a large gate to the right of it
wave ends large gate opens
wave 5 a fort on a grassy plain with a 2 minigun turrets by it
wave ends a wormhole opens up out of nowhere and people enter it
wave 6 a place that looks like Hell a large bridge area with lava around it and a castle at the end.
wave ends castle doors open
wave 7 the outer area of the castle, a flat plain.
wave ends
Mini-boss: Butcher the Burninator
Butcher dies and the doors to the fortress open
wave 8 a large Hellish area with a table in the middle
wave ends the dungeon doors opens
wave 9 the dungeon
wave ends move up the wave 8 area into the next floor
wave 10 the living quarters
wave ends move up to the next floor
wave 11 a large kitchen
wave ends move to the top of the fort
wave 12 the top of the fortress
wave ends
Mini-Boss The Fire Warrior
Warrior dude dies
players move out of the castle
wave 13 a hellish plain
wave ends move up a mountain
wave 14 same as 13, but more elevated
wave ends players move up higher
wave 15 same as 14, but much higher and more cover
wave ends move up higher
final wave same as 15, but with a hut added
wave ends player reach the top and jump on a large and flat, rocky, and checker arena with lava surrounding it
Boss: The Lava Monster
The Lava Monster would try to hurt you by hitting the arena with his big fists, immune to all but matter based projectiles at his back.
Lava man dies everyone warps home and lives happily ever after

Note: mini-bosses could be omitted and it could be any amount of waves long
as long it is less than 16 (for obvious reasons).

The level names would be like
FHI-OBJ-BOSS-[insert name here]

Last edited:

Mimiked

The man with the Sword!
Kaithofis said:
Good ideas, but there's a problem with it
For example, what if StartWave would be 12 and Lastwave=15. Then you'd have a problem.

You've got a point there. Unless the there was something that could detect which wave it is and place the players to where that wave would be (that would be hard to do). Otherwise, you'd have to make sure the server has the starting wave to be 0.

Last edited:

Da Wrecka

Mar 31, 2000
England
www.dawrecka.ic24.net
It...kinda isn't. Me being a lazy, forgetful bastard and all. I'm supposed to be making Fraghouse Extension FHIv4-compatible too and getting nowhere with that. ¬_¬ It's the games! Doom 3 and Half Life 2 and Serious Sam! They're all sucking up my time now that I can play them without the framerate dropping to single-figures! Blame them! *runs*

On a serious note, a lot remains un-solidified about Fraghouse Assault. I'll probably start there; decide on what features I ultimately want to implement. So far I'm thinking;

*) Support for matinees, to be triggered as and when the mapper wishes.
*) Unlimited numbers of waves (mapper-set, not server-set)
*) Assault-style HUD and objectives system.
*) Intro cutscenes, like Epic's Assault.
*) Support for NPCs, within and without cutscenes.

And there was a few others that I'm currently forgetting...

I did have an idea for a map to go with this, although considering I can't map yet it's even more pie in the sky than FHAS.

Ultimately I'm hoping for FHAS to be the ultimate cooperative experience next to Serious Sam.

No, this does not mean hordes of enemies coming out of the woodwork and bending you over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimiked

The man with the Sword!
Da_Wrecka said:
It...kinda isn't. Me being a lazy, forgetful bastard and all. I'm supposed to be making Fraghouse Extension FHIv4-compatible too and getting nowhere with that. ¬_¬ It's the games! Doom 3 and Half Life 2 and Serious Sam! They're all sucking up my time now that I can play them without the framerate dropping to single-figures! Blame them! *runs*

I can understand, dude. As some blue bur is sucking up my time too!

The Punisher

[GU]Punisher, skiller and alien killer
Jan 15, 2005
uhh dude, you stole my idea! i was the first to come up with that! *sues*