/me creams all over himself

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
w00t! Phear my DSL baby! I finally...yes finally received the phat pipe. After spending years in Europe and only having ISDN, I now am the proud recipient of 2 mb up and 1 mb down. I'm so happy.

Beware pr0n sites, I'm coming for you:).

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
You've been wanting a phat pipe for a while now but no one's wanted to give you one... now you've gotta pay for it

oh well, poor you
lol.gif

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Dang, I figured when that when I finally got DSL I would overnight be the best UT player out there. I'll just stick with mah trusty 56k then if thats not the case

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Well...

It would up your performance no doubt, but I wouldn't anticipate becoming the ultimate UT player, well, I don't know how you play, you could be really really really good.
I played the Q3A demo on the net, the lag was pretty bad so I only play against bots.
I played Quake 1 on the college network once, it lagged pretty bad, but I could still turn when it froze, allowing deadly accurate shots, caned 'em. (Don't know how lag effected the two I was against, they might not have been able to turn when it lagged, which would explain my victory)
I'm not the best Quake player around, but I can generally beat anyone in the college course I'm doing.

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by MÆST
how many people are you doing in your college course? ;)
None, they're all guys.
That might not be what you meant though, occasionaly in lesson we test out the lan using quake, I tend beat most people in those lessons, there are around 3-5 other people who often play quake on the lan that can easily beat me, but they aren't doing the same course and don't get to "test out the lan":D

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Originally posted by Prophetus
w00t! Phear my DSL baby! I finally...yes finally received the phat pipe. After spending years in Europe and only having ISDN, I now am the proud recipient of 2 mb up and 1 mb down. I'm so happy.

Beware pr0n sites, I'm coming for you:).

welcome to the internet for the spoiled my friend :)

Love your DSL while you have it, because if you dont you will end up like me. a freak that cries every time he dials up on his modem because he no longer has DSL. :(