Strange but important questions on DYnamic scripted textures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Entity

Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
can they accept input from a mutator or mod? what about an Item?
how complex are they?
for that matter, what exactly are they?

I've already been informed that they can be added to char models\skins...but now I need to know what can be done with them.

can they pull data from a map? if so one might be able to create "thermo-optic" camoflage....

can effects be attached to them? or does that require separate Uscript triggers?

if Uscript can be attached to models and textures you could get perfect hit zoning and associate blood (on the skin), damage, and special effects to each hit zone.

for hunter mods.....could a dynamic texture display a "kick-me" sign style thing on the person who's it?

I really think that these wee buggers are massively underused. So far all we've see of them are a few monitiors and marquees in maps, and the occasional ammo counter. I think that the UT community can do better.

One last thought...what if scripted textures can be linked to animation frames? that could massively decrease necessary poly counts among other interesting effects.... or if they can be attached to enviromental cues....

this is the thoughtmonger signing off.