CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FPS.HeadShot

Jan 31, 2008
cod4
Seriously. There's more people talking good about COD4 than UT3 on this forum! :)

thats because its better than ut3, ut3 is kinda lame its fun dont get me worng but after about 5 matches im done cant play no more, and i either go back to ut2004 lol or cod4!

cod4 is a great game, cant wait for ctf, maps, mods, ext :cheers: :cheers:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I prefer fast paced action than camping behind some boxes. :tup:

It's all a matter of preference. :) Personally I play this game like playing Metal Gear Solid: hide, sneak, kill while not being seen and when the green HQ symbol starts flashing, I detonate my C4 sticked onto the ceiling. Did you know that behind the laptop against the wall is a really good place to hide it? :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Personally I play this game like playing Metal Gear Solid: hide, sneak, kill while not being seen ...

I don't want to break your bubble but that's not really something doable. Unless you play against a bunch of new players, I find it extremely hard to not be spotted. Unless you camp behind a wall with UAV scan jammer and a silencer attached, you will always end up getting spotted no matter what you do or did.

So what I do here is, Sprint and flank the enemy with my P90, yes, run and shot at strategic flank positions from noisy enemies on my GPS, what I can't do in HC because the GPS is teh gone unless some campers gets 3 kill streak and press 6. HC also force you to be quiet, I don't want to stay crouched all the damn game, I want action. I am actually surprised to see that most of the UT players here prefer HC over the normal gameplay, I miserably fail to understand that logic.

I don't care if I am going to get killed because I get a good amount of kills anyway. I had 10 kill streak weapon-only in 20 seconds yesterday. It was a heart pumping moment. Never one does that in HC right? Again, unless you're playing against nubs. Like the ones that keep blocking the door frame until a enemy grenade gets both you and him killed. Gotta love em...

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I don't want to break your bubble but that's not really something doable. Unless you play agaist a bunch of new players, I find it extremely hard to not be spoted. Unless you camp behind a wall with UAV scan jammer and a silencer attached, you will always end up getting spotted no matter what you do or did.

Well, even if you camp behind the wall they will start to notice, so what most players would do it just to change side of the wall, and look at all the nade spam going at his previous location, lol a little, wait for the guy to show up and kill him.

oh shut up and have some cheese ( ;) ), we got it a couple of pages ago. you dont like cod4.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
No you shut up. ( ;) )
You don't even have the game.

Also, you missed my point, and my post got edited.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Kantham, try UAV Jammer and Dead Silence with a silenced weapon on a Hardcore server. Particularly a map that encourages sniping. You'll have plenty of opportunities to sneak up on people.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
No you shut up. ( ;) )
You don't even have the game.

Also, you missed my point, and my post got edited.

I've got it for the x360. all I need is my 4th controller to arrive and batteries for the wireless controllers. Ofcourse that's all assuming, that my bawks
is not going to die soon(its been acting weird last time I played).

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Ok, I just finished the single-player campaign. I have one thing to say: Wow :eek:

I'm so excited for CoD5! If the SP (if there's any) is just half as good, it'll be awesome. CoD4 is probably the best sp game I've ever played, and untop of that, it's one of the best mp games too.

I'd say CoD4 is the best game of this decade, so far.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I don't want to break your bubble but that's not really something doable. Unless you play against a bunch of new players, I find it extremely hard to not be spotted. Unless you camp behind a wall with UAV scan jammer and a silencer attached, you will always end up getting spotted no matter what you do or did.

Guess what I use? :p

I am actually surprised to see that most of the UT players here prefer HC over the normal gameplay, I miserably fail to understand that logic.

Is it? In UT2004 VCTF, I wasn't a die hard killer spreeing at every life or trying to do so. I was a runner, trying to tactically go around the enemy team and mislead them, to end up with an advantage that doesn't consist out of fire power or health. Here, this is translated to sneaking behind the enemy and stabbing their neck, and sticking C4 underneath little tables.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I liked HC at first, but now I've start training non-HC, because that generally makes you a better player, than HC would.

Also, non-HC more 'realistic' for 1on1s, because it's doesn't depend on who shoots first, but who's got the best aim, and the best selection of weapons.
By the way, I like stealth kits too. Kantham, try it!

M4 carbine + silencer
Deagle (Desert Eagle)

Perk 1: Claymores/bandolier
Perk 2: UAV Jammer
Perk 3: Dead Silence

Generally on HC servers, dead silence is not THAT important, since there is no minimap. However, silencer and UAV jammer are essencial. Perk 1 doesn't really matter that much, though I prefer the two aforementioned.

When I first tested this kit, I got kicked from a server for spawnraping, even though I was advancing towards an HQ. Going behind the lines and kicking everybody's ass, now THAT'S fun.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
They can't really expand on the current SP story, though some cool psyco extra missions like the bonus mission would be cool.

Perhaps a few maps. And no, not revamped versions, like Wintercrash, but actual new maps. Maybe take some of the maps in SP, that weren't used in MP :)

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I'm hoping mainly for new maps. New guns and perks should come in a future expansion, imo.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
They can't really expand on the current SP story, though some cool psyco extra missions like the bonus mission would be cool.

Be the other team at the missile silo (the ones who infiltrated after Soap turned off the power).

Be one of the snipers

Hell, a few more generic USMC missions (before the nuke, obviously :p) would do wonders.