Bad ping problem.... Please Help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
I been getting bad pings lately, 250-300. I'm using cable and I dont know what to do. Does anyone one know if theres a patch for my modem or PC or somthing that I can do to lower my ping?

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
For me the problem has been that the MUF servers have seemingly vanished. I can always get pings on the order of 180 to 250 on this rusty old 56k. Not the same as the 70 ping that I had on campus, but I can compensate for it. Anything higher than 300 is just far too slow for my response time and the game becomes detached.

From that point on, play is impossible.

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
BTW, part of the problem could lie with the servers. I've had pings as high as 400 or worse even when I was sitting on a 10 megabit line.

Some servers either don't have the bandwith, are poorly routed, or dont have the CPU power to handle the game.

Could also be your local routing just sucks

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
The increased CPU requirements of the patch has created problems for the servers, and for many has increased pings. If a server was on the edge before, they have had to either lower player limits or suffer the lag.