432 Patch errors

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
I downloaded the new 432 patch. The editor now runs perfectly, but the rest of the game is messed up.Itwon't close properly. It doesn't refresh the windows desktop, it just displays the last in game shot. Alt F4 will close windows, but this is not too convenient.!!
NE1 experiencing the same problems, HELP!

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
If that doesn't help, you'll have to set your game resolution to something different from your desktop resolution. Perhaps dis/enabling bDirectDraw or something helps too, but I haven't had that problem for months now.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
I have also had problems with the original Unreal, which I loaded on after the patch!!. Free space 2 also will not close properly, and NBA Live 99 (my brother!!) :D brings up an error saying that Direct Draw is "Locked". It also says I "cannot make calls to the audio library" but this might be specific to NBA. I will get 436, but I don't anticipate anything. We have re-re-installed Direct X but the errors persist. We plan to back everything up and format C: and start again from scratch. It needs doing even if it does sound drastic.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
No matter, we installed IE5.5 and that seems to have unlocked my direcdraw surfaces, whatever that means. Now I have to download a new patch, the bonus pack and U4E all over again!! :(