If you were supreme ruler at Sony...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you...

• ...lower the price of PS2 before the holidays?

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • ...keep it the same price?

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
I'm not asking what you want them to do, but what you think is the smarter business decision.

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
If I'm at Sony, I know people will buy the damn thing anyways, so why not just leave it at the same price. They would only steal a few XBox buyers, certainly not worth cutting the console a $100.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
i would lower the prices cause that would incourage ppl to buy one cause they could afford it more
and also im pretty giving too

Siledre

Scorpions love marmalade too
Jun 14, 2000
Washington
I would raise the price about double and tell the consumer that we are charging that much because we have recently upgraded the warranty software.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
I would play my modified version of Ace Combat 4, that has Bill Gates house in it, and drop cluster bombs on his house with my A-10, and anything that happens in the game happens in real life... r0x0r!!!!

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Sony have already lowered the price in the uk, from £300 to £200. The x-box and gamecube are both expected to retail at £300, so the PS2 is the cheapest next-gen console in the uk

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Forget the price cuts, spend the money on advertising.

No, not TV ads... go where the market is. Pay peanuts to half the kids in the primary schools to talk about hardly anything but the PS2. The other half will then want the PS2 just as a fashion accessory. Ahahahahahaha. Ahem.

(Well, it's better than some of the ads you get on TV today.)

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
if i were the supreme ruler at SONY i'd build an aibo the size of an AT-AT and crush Osama bin Llama's army.
muahahahaha

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Quite honestly I'd leave the price the same. Alot of kids are going to be askin for one for christmas and moms and dad's will buy it anyway. Then right after christmas I'd lower the price to pick up the stragglers that do their christmas shopping after the holidays. ;)

If the kid really wants ps2 he/she probably wouldn't want an xbox or gamecube. So at the very least his parents would buy it after christmas when the price drops.

My personal opinion is that they should lower it NOW, but then I already own one so I really don't care. :D

GTA3 ownz! ;)