I just got UT - Just Read - Thanks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Feb 3, 2001
Australia
www.dxsoccer.f2s.com
Hi People!

Hi UT Fans

I just got UT. I have been playing DeusEx since it came out and it uses the Unreal Engine and im pretty good at UT. I would like to ask a few questions:

1) After/While Playing, what are the files i need to downlaod and install, like for example the major files then the top 10-20 mods.

2) My doesnt UT detect Direct3D and only SoftwareRendering. The Demo detected it and DeusEx did too.

3) Anyone here familiar with DeusEx and good at coding. And Also like to join a Mod. Thanks

I have two site btw:
http://www.deus-ex.org/dxterminal
http://www.deus-ex.org/dxsoccer
Email: e1337hax0r@hotmail.com

Thanks People!

Cyaz

Last edited:

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
1. Anything you don't have, a server will send to you when you try to connect to an online game. Most people who post on this forum just play CTF. You should get the bonus packs. There are four official ones. Just go to fileplanet, then to the UT section, then to the "official" section. That should be enough to get you started. In your UT chat thing, put in irc.enterthegame.com in the server place, and #planetunreal in the channel place. We all hang out in that chat room and find good servers together. Once in a while we mess around with a mod, but we are pretty much CTF hos.

2. What kind of videocard do you have?

3. There is a Deus Ex forum on these boards if you are looking for people who are good at it, and there are tons of mod sites on the main planetunreal page.

Welcome to the forums. :)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Which patch are you on? If you aren't using V436 then Upgrade to that. It might solve your D3D probs. No guarantees tho.
Oh yeah 4 bonus packs? Wow I'm really out of the loop. I know about inoxx map pack and the original bonus pack. But what other official bonus packs are there? The UT site only has one??

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
goshen_pimp.gif

Now why would you think Goshen's a pimp? ;)

scsig26.gif

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Glad it worked out.
SC why is it that everytime Goshen is mentioned you seem to pop up. It's kinda like rubbing the magic lamp to get the genie to come out:p