Downloaded skins and can't get them to work

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smokey

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
I downloaded some UT skins and unzipped the .utx files into my textures folder, and the .int files into my system folder. I figured after that they would just show up in the menu, but no dice. What did I do wrong??

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
There should be a readme file with the skins that tells you what you need to do. I believe that there would typically be an entry for you to make in your UT.ini file, namely on a line with: serverpackages=

Here is a portion I copied out of my UT.ini file that has SoldierSkins_Duke added, as well as voice add-ons:

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=8
UseSound=True
serverpackages=dukepackage
serverpackages=termpackage
Serverpackages=SoldierSkins_Duke
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack

Notice that you name the server package the same name as the .utx file, but without the .utx