Highest framerate

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
Just want to know what everyones highest framerate was. Mines was just over 900 fps (!!!) :) on one of squacky's U4ET maps (don't remember which one though...) with my settings on high. I also have a pic of after the match, but, I don't have it on the net yet...

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I got a max of about 247fps one time on Deck16. That was under normal play settings (1024x768x16 all settings on high). I turned them down low and still only got 342fps. Where can I get that map you're talking about.. just to see what mine will do on it.

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
ARGH!

I just noticed the 'quality' of the pic I uploaded. sheesh. I knew I shoulda used psp..

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
AAaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh

Bastards! I have to run everything in low and at 512x384 just to crack 30.

Of course, this shouldn't be the case for long, as my K6-2/Voodoo3 system will soon be replaced with a 1000MhZ Athlon and a GF2 GTS card. :)

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF
Combo2a.gif

-]LoL[ Counter-Sniper and Shock-Ho

[OMC]_Killer

May 27, 2000
clanomc.cjb.net
I hate you all!!!

The highest fps I ever get in 43 =(

Try playing UT on a pentium 266 w/Voodoo3. I play with an average of 17fps, 22 is my highest average. Some maps just blow my cpu away. I play on Orbital alot and I get the worst fps there. 13 is my average and I get 17 looking at the damn walls!!! Oh well =(

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
well i play on software rendering lol on crap res..so iget about 25 average if i'm lucky....and i just noticed that when looking at my map at 512X384 then switching it to 800X600 OMG what a difference look much better

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
My first machine playing UT was a PII 233 w/32MB RAM and a Diamond Monster Fusion. Chug-a-chug-chug.......refresh, refresh, refresh.

Add to that playing on a 33.6 connection. Enjoy. :D

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF
Combo2a.gif

-]LoL[ Counter-Sniper and Shock-Ho

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
I have to say ouch to wolf blackstar, for having a crappy 33.6 modem! I shall pray for all your poor souls. lol... I mean... umm... lol

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
With everything turned down, in Glide on my Voodoo5, I can look at a wall and zoom in (fov zoom) and hit over 300 sometimes.

I'm not sure what's happening in your screenshot there, but those numbers seem artificially high, especially considering your system. Dunno.

I use a few tricks to improve my fps. I run in nice high res, but I also run with low texture detail. It looks beautiful, if not overly detailed. I run with weapon hidden, big help there. I use an MLOD of 3.5, which helps a bunch in over-populated CTF games, for instance. I have dynamic lights, decals, volumetric lighting, etc. turned off. I have my V5 overclocked to 183.

I use Cacheman, PS2Rate, X-Setup, ConservativeSwapFileUsage, etc. I've altered my V5 drivers in the registry (buffered frames and LOD). I have reduced gore (no gibs, but still red blood). I have the sound quality at 22050, 12 channels, no reverb, low sound quality (sounds pretty good on my large stereo, though).

I have my netspeed at 8760, which is a multiple of my MSS, and is identical to my DefaultRcvWindow, which helps on my DSL. I have every BIOS setting tweaked for speed.

Maybe some of these can help some people get better rates.

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
I know, it doesn't seem right, & I don't know why it happened. But before I got that high, I had just restarted my pc cuz when I was playing it, I was only getting about 2 frames a second & I had the gamespeed at .10 percent!!! I think it was stuttering so damn much cuz I hadn't restarted my pc for like a couple weeks, so all the virtual memory was gone (or something... I know nothing about computers :p).

Jabberwocky

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
Forgive me for being a sceptic but...

I would have to say that there is no chance in the world that your system would come anywhere near 900fps! My celeron 450, 128mb, TNT2 Ultra running with medium textures at 1024x768x16 rarely exceeds 50fps. I realize that UT runs better on Glide, but not by that much! certainly not with 64megs of ram and an old AMD!

Kaz

Godlike Drunken Spammer
Jun 21, 2000
California
Wolf you get 30 fps w00t...i play with everything turned down and at 512x384 and I can barely pull 20 fps while looking at a wall if I get in battle it drops to 5-10 fps :(

I thought you were as low as me wolf damnit ;)

Kaz

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
I have a PentiumII, not an AMD! Anyhoo, my pc is f*cked up anyways & it's always screwing around in one way or another & I think the framerate was that high because I was up in this little ol' cove & looking down at the floor & this was after I had restarted my pc after a couple weeks of continious use. Or maybe UT just screwed up my timedemo... I don't know!

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
well all of us with ****ty systems, and we all stick with UT yay...i still can't wait for my upgrade

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
Just bring up the console & type timedemo 1 to show your fps & timedemo 0 to hide it. Or just go to the tools section of the UT menu & choose the timedemo option...