Mad against Freelance lazy mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverbud

Entropy Founder
Oct 1, 2003
Seattle
www.entropymod.com
hey guys , doing maps is great... but thinking about 'game play' and 'strategy' while making a map... it s better..
right now there is NOT ONE MAPPER who made a correct map for XMP. most of the time it s somekind of lazy map with 99% of open air and not even one building.... it s BS honeslty. Mappers must think about gunners too... not just sniping ranger and Tech spam gaz...
now the gunner become totaly useless on those new maps... and it s really stupid.
if the game play changed a lot those last few months it s because of the MAPS CREATED !!! damn !! think about FACILITY !! AT LEAST ! place the ARTIFACT holder INSIDE SOMETHING !! A BASE... , a room ... something !!!
don t put it in an OPEN AIR where you don t even have the time to look at it that 2 rangers already stole your both artifacts...

there are only 3 or 4 mappers who actually made a map with a REAL facility/Base.. thx them jesus...cause right now... because of those damn openmap .. the gameplay is all ****ed up :/

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Spoken like a gunner who just got his ass handed to him on an open-air map!

But hey, I agree completely. I'm a slow-ass gunner too.

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
silverbud said:
hey guys , doing maps is great... but thinking about 'game play' and 'strategy' while making a map... it s better..
right now there is NOT ONE MAPPER who made a correct map for XMP. most of the time it s somekind of lazy map with 99% of open air and not even one building.... it s BS honeslty. Mappers must think about gunners too... not just sniping ranger and Tech spam gaz...
now the gunner become totaly useless on those new maps... and it s really stupid.
if the game play changed a lot those last few months it s because of the MAPS CREATED !!! damn !! think about FACILITY !! AT LEAST ! place the ARTIFACT holder INSIDE SOMETHING !! A BASE... , a room ... something !!!
don t put it in an OPEN AIR where you don t even have the time to look at it that 2 rangers already stole your both artifacts...

there are only 3 or 4 mappers who actually made a map with a REAL facility/Base.. thx them jesus...cause right now... because of those damn openmap .. the gameplay is all ****ed up :/

Exactly, Gunners are NOT range rovers that's a "Rangers" job. But don't bet they don't all think the're all l337 and $hit when they kill one of us in the wide open...lmao. Come inside you skinny little punk and get crushed.

I'm releasing a UTXMP map that will cater to all classes.
The bases will be designed so that there will be no pansy ranger jumping in and out with an arty...you'll have to deal with me first.

Like SB said most of these new maps are junk so step up the thought proccess a bit and start putting out some real mappage. Just start making them "player class" friendly that's all.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
silverbud said:

Hes obviosly never played Powerstruggle :p

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Please try the following maps from cXp:
Duality
Simplicity
Heavenly Hell
Cemetary
Last Rites

These are original maps that do not have open air bases. :D

llam0rz

[pet]llama
Jul 15, 2004
flack ho said:
me neither
I HATE RANGERS THEY ARE SO LAME

My dad can verbally beat your dad on the internet. My internet penis is bigger than your internet penis. Your ego suffers more than my ego.

:rolleyes:

So is this a "make better maps" thread or a "i'm a whiny assed gunner who gets sniped because i have moment similar to that of a three-toed sloth and i'm an easy target but let's neatly sidestep the fact that i am the cause for my own disgruntlement and blame it on the class that routinely hands my ass on a platter" thread?

Friggin' please. Every class has it's advantage over the other class in some aspect. It's called balance. Whine about the maps, but don't bring the ranger vs. other classes crap in here. It has no point and no use. You want close quarters maps where you can do nothing but spam your flame thrower and own US. We want open air maps where we can snipe YOU. God knows wtf techs want. It's asanine and ridiculous. A total snooze fest :eek:

Better maps, I agree.

Whining about another class, I disagree.

silverbud

Entropy Founder
Oct 1, 2003
Seattle
www.entropymod.com
i am not talking about class llamaz... talking about MAPS.... GUNNER is a classed made for DEFENDE INSIDE A BASE ! not play 100% on open air... need to stop saying bs man... i am just sad to see that 90% of the new maps doesn t include 2 bases with a real artifac ROOM

also i don t try to mean disrespect to anyone.. poeple who know me know that i am not like that. i am just saying my point of view. a map with no BASES = a map with no GUNNER... that s it :/

KingOfHearts

Suicide King
Jan 25, 2004
silverbud said:
i am not talking about class llamaz... talking about MAPS.... GUNNER is a classed made for DEFENDE INSIDE A BASE ! not play 100% on open air... need to stop saying bs man... i am just sad to see that 90% of the new maps doesn t include 2 bases with a real artifac ROOM

also i don t try to mean disrespect to anyone.. poeple who know me know that i am not like that. i am just saying my point of view. a map with no BASES = a map with no GUNNER... that s it :/

*points at sprint key*

*points at dodging*

*points at jump jets*

*points at landmines*

*points at mines*

*points at vehicles*

*points at guided rockets*

*points at people who know how to sneak around even when their ass is the biggest target short of armored vehicles, and how not to expose aformentioned large armored ass instead of flying around in the open like some sort of retarded monkey*

washuu

A Lazy XMP Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2003
Minnesota
www.washuu.org
KingOfHearts... those are not enough... so damn easy to avoid mines without a real base... guided rockets dont take much to drop... and normal movements... well a sniper can take any gunner out any day when they try to move their fatass.

MAFLM! .... if you remember my thread from before about crappy maps... this is another thing about maps that makes them crappy :p

KingOfHearts

Suicide King
Jan 25, 2004
There's always the gunners who don't have the patience to wait for people to step exactly on the mine.

Not to mention the sniper had better be damn good if they want to take down someone fast while the target's moving weirdly.

Same goes for rockets, majority of people don't seem particularly adept at getting away from them.

And, oh yes, yesyesyes... buddy? Where the hell are your own team's snipers? I mean, sure, REAL MEN aren't supposed to ask for directions, but I don't think screaming for help while you're being raped from two miles away goes under "directions".

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
KingOfHearts, please don't presume that PoD is a noob here. The man has a point, and wasn't whining about classes. A lot of the maps out there now don't have much in the category of "base".

Status
Not open for further replies.