Annoying bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Poof

Sep 13, 2000
Visit site
This is actually a bit funny but be honest now... How many times have you wanted to blow your own bot teammate partner to oblivion for:

1.) Camping by the shield spawn points
2.) Camping by and taking all the ammo (but rarely using it)
3.) Grabbing all the good powerups and relics
4.) Grabbing the health when you know you need it more
5.) Watching as an enemy kicks the sh*t out of you and then when you're just about dead, yells "I got you covered"
6.) Blocking your fschking view while you're trying to aim

I know that many times on maps like CTF-Face, I have pointed a Rocket Launcher at my own bot to blow him off the Tower so I could see to snipe. Nothing worse than zooming to 8.3x with a sniper rifle and getting a real ugly closeup of your own bot.

Is it just me? Just curious. :D

[Ci]Morgan

McBain-like
Dec 1, 1999
The Netherlands
Visit site
I noticed that the bots intelligence tends to increase with their difficulty level... Try playing them on Inhuman or Godlike, or just stick to playing it online... You'll notica that many players on public servers are even worse in your points 1 - 6 :)

Poof

Sep 13, 2000
Visit site
Yeah... usually when I do single player, I have them up at the higher levels. But online, I've even spectated on servers and watched as bots annoying jumped into a team member's way. Seeing that has me ROTFL.... and especially when you fire at them and they finally get the message and get out of your way... :D

Insecta

Insectacidal
Jun 9, 2000
Switzerland
Some of the bots are set to camp. I was going to change my bots to named, configured clans once, but never got round to it. One of the clans would be obsessed with camping...

Another thing that pisses me off is the way they run straight from node to node, then turn around at a rate of a degree per second, at which point you've minigunned them to death twice. Also, they have that stupid tendancy to run in front of you when you have loaded up 6 rockets, goop or razors. Or, they use the enforcer when they have the RL or something...

Bots are stupid.

Faus

Aug 30, 2000
AlAbAmA
Visit site
One of my favorite things to do with stupid bots is in Face, get the reedeemer and when they are sniping or something next to the edge just blow them off the friggen cliff. Still tho they don't learn not to get in my way!

Poof

Sep 13, 2000
Visit site
LOL about them getting point blank in your way right when you had your RL loaded and aimed and you had released your volley. Then they have the nerve to yell "Same Team" as they deflect what _would_have_been_ a perfect Multi-kill. :(

That's when I load up another volley made just for them.

:D