Server Downtime on Friday June 10th....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Well for once I have some free time to mess around with my linux computer a bit (which the server is hosted on). With this time.. im going to do a much needed format of the linux computer (aka the server) and put on a new Linux OS (Fedora Core 3 untill a stable release of 4 is out). I've needed to this format for some time to clean things out and update all the packages but have not had the time. I backed up all my servers on DVD so HOPEFULLY I will be able to get things running again fairly fast after I get the new linux installed and all the packages for it updated. It will most likely be down all day tomorrow and a good part of the night. Depending on any hicups I run into or other things I have to take care of beside this I should be done late tomorrow night or sometime in the afternoon Saturday. Im not sure 100% but hopefully its a smooth operation and I did not forget to backup anything important. :) So tomorrow when you dont see the server... dont be surprised! ;) I'll let you all know when its backup so enjoy it tonight if you have that burning need! :D

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Well, im still working hard on the linux server. I got Fedora Core 3 installed with some issues at first with the media (had to format again and install twice because of a bad CD). The system is now up and running ... however I have some 512 packages I need to patch/update before I even get to the gaming servers. So this could take all day as trying to figure out the interdependencies is a total b!tch not to mention it will take forever to install all this stuff. :( Im not sure if the server will be up in time for the burnout or not. I'll keep you all posted. :)

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
$n][pErMan said:
Well, im still working hard on the linux server. I got Fedora Core 3 installed with some issues at first with the media (had to format again and install twice because of a bad CD). The system is now up and running ... however I have some 512 packages I need to patch/update before I even get to the gaming servers. So this could take all day as trying to figure out the interdependencies is a total b!tch not to mention it will take forever to install all this stuff. :( Im not sure if the server will be up in time for the burnout or not. I'll keep you all posted. :)

heh. Good luck!

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
200 packages left.... lol. Its possible it will be up in time if it keeps going smoothly and I run into no issues with getting the server back up :)

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Well its still downloading and installing packages ... some 103 left :( Does not look like server will be up in time for the burnout as I will have to configure the packages and all too and have not even started to work on installing the server again yet. Maybe late tonight it will be up .... but by then I'll be sick of working on it for one day so its a better bet of it being up tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted on my workings and will let you all know when its a go ;)

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
I hope Im not too late, my server is up.

edit: I updated it with the Train Race, Furrow Dash Rally and latest public semi.

Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Ya .. I will not be able to play ... but thanks for hosting the burnout for tonight. Its just about done updating now.... but I still need to config and setup the servers. Most of which I will finish up tomorrow. So tomorrow night for sure... if the UT server installs correctly... all should be good again :)

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Server is back up!!! :D I still got a lot to configure with other packages and all.... so the server might be on and off for a few minutes at a time over the next week as I do this but for now I'll keep it up so you can test it and let me know if you run into any problems. All should be working fine though so let me know :)