[360]UT3 Release Date?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
So, is there any sort of idea about the real release date, yet? Gamestop keeps listing the release date as May 1, whereas other internet sources are saying that it is released this December. I know that Epic's having difficulty with Microsoft (u giev stuf away 4 freee lololo!!) allowing them to let 360 users play mods for free, but I really want to play UT3, and my rig sucks.

Anyone have any current news?

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
The latest info regarding UT3 on xbox 360 was Mark Reign saying April is the traget, but nothing official yet. The biggest hurdle at this point is the mod stuff, across Xbox live. I must state that many months back, Epic said they prefer to play the 360 version in house over other versions, so I'm really excited to see why.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
You should be estute enough to know by now I intentionally spell things certain ways. Why might I spell it Reign?

Take a guess.......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....well, I'd better call inspector derrick on this one. And hercule poirot. Might as well give bergerac a call ;-)

Last edited:

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
The 360 version probably runs better than the PS3 version.

I kinda doubt that.

I'm willing to bet it is cause of the user mod issue. M$ wants to charge for it and host themselves, and Epic is fighting them on it. Also, you would have to buy Live to play online, and that kinda kills the game for anyone without Live.

I have no problem with M$ charging for user created content, as long as they pay the creators. That is where my issue is, why should M$ make a bunch of money off of my hard work, and I don't get anything. It should be free, and if there is a charge, only enough to cover hosting. Something like $.99 at most (and even then I would be annoyed)

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
How about "when Microsoft gives in and allows custom content on their* network" ?

* you gotta love private networks...even if it's paid for by customers.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I wonder if MS can do a world-wide release ... Sony sure as heck couldn't.