Bind Key To InstaGib Rifle?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
It is completely unclear to my why you would want to bind a key to that, but anyway ... here we go.

Looking through my user.ini it seems to me that the enhanced shaockrifle is called "SuperShockRifle" in the UT code. Thus the command to bind to a key would be:

<key>= getweapon SuperShockRifle

Ice Machine

Have some flak, on Ice...
Apr 24, 2000
personal.ayrix.net
Thanks Cleaner. "Supershockrifle" was what I was looking for, I will give that a try. Why bind a key to it? Some of the maps we play on our LAN at work have that weapon, and what can I say, one shot, one kill, no matter where you hit 'em. I generally stick to flack or eightballs, but it is fun to use it some - when its available.

Dopefish: how is binding a key to a weapon cheating if that weapon is available in the map, and everyone can use it? You don't have key's bound to weapons? geezzz....thanks for the productive reply...

Ice

LonerVamp

Teamplay.Net Head Dictator
May 25, 2001
Iowa
Visit site
I think this is a great case of people jumping to assumptions and making lame conclusions to the point of thinking this Ice guy was dumb. Hehe. This stuff always makes me smile a little...

:)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Ah yes...

I myself was on the same quest... why?

Example: DM-BathroomExtreme.

There is an ESR there, and it's hard to get to when it's not in your priority list at all. I wanted to find that syntax, "supershockrifle" to add it to my priorities manually. Now I did, and it's night and day on said maps as the above mentioned.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I could have sworn that if you have the instagib, that your bind for the regular shox would bring it up.

I could be wrong, its been a while since I've DMed on a map with an insta.

I used to hang out at this DM server that ran a bunch of cool custom maps. One was this HUGE open city kinda place. The name of the map started with a Z. There was an insta in it, but the map was so HUGE that most people never found the insta. :D The server went down like 8 months ago or something. I totally miss it.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Yea, sorta...

It shares the Switchweapon 4 slot with the normal SR, but that will swap you between the two, much like the hammer and TL share the Switchweapon 1 slot, and I believe the Sniper Rifle and Nuke share the Switchweapon 0 slot.

I don't know about you all, but I don't use the Switchweapon slots at all. And if you ask "how to get to this weapon", I tell you the most direct route (thought someone beat me to it here).

Getweapon weaponname

in this case...

supershockrifle