NightBlade Alpha Release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Any mod release from the Black Cat Games team is always big news, especially one using the new engine. NightBlade for Unreal Tournament 3 will feature stealth-based gameplay that pits thieves versus guards. Notes on the alpha release can be seen below:
We've just released our first alpha. This is strictly a work in progress - we make no guarantees about the playability of the release, and we know there are a large number of bugs and missing features. Details on the release can be found on Nightblade's Testing Page.
  • Some of the notable features of the current alpha are:
  • Gullonefox's guard model.
  • Converted Darkened Enlightenment
  • Experimental silent but slowed opening of doors when walking or crouching.
  • Some experimental gameplay changes, including the stashing of loot by entering the exit zones.
It should be noted that the first time you play each map there will be a long load time as UT3 generates texture information and caches it.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
This looks interesting, and that model in the pic is really really nice. I think i'll be keeping an eye on this.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
although the map is a direct port and not particularly sophisticated, the models look great and the gameplay is mostly in place. they've certainly done a lot.

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
An interesting project! Doesnt it port of 'Thief' to UT3 engine?

I'd played it online though never had chance for it in UT.

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
yay! been waiting for this since ut2kx and I was thinking the other day that they could probably release the mod on ut3 and use the high poly version of their thief model xD.

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
As horrible as the Frontlines initial release was(Using Unreal Tech) I am very hesitant to try this until it gets some exposure.

Any Ginnuea Pigs out there?