CTF-Reckoner released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
it has taken a while, but here it finaly is for your flag capping pleasure

CTF-Reckoner

shot_40.jpg

shot_41.jpg

tnx to every one who has helped me with this map
Especialy wormob for writing a custom jumpspot script to make the bots kinda do what there suppost to do ;)

i hope you all enjoy this map

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
It's on The Web™ and will be available for FragBU this weekend.

I think I remember a while back there are issues with spaces in filenames... not sure about the specifics, but I hope redirect works fine with it.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
My feedback is improve framerates in the middle. I'm not a mapper I can't get more specific. I don't know why the framrate in the middle is the way it is, and I don't know how to fix it, all I know is that I think it should be fixed. I can't give any other feedback at this time because I haven't played it in a multiplayer game to properly test the gameplay.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's UT2003.

You can tell because:

1) It's in the UT2003/04 Forum and not the U2 forum.
2) It's CTF - no CTF yet in U2
3) You can also see UT2003 pickups in the screenshots (damage amp)

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
aye it was a fair one, though people do seem to forgt that the flow on this map iactualy requires some hammer jumping and trick jumping, thats what its made for, you can get to the top shield with 2 hammer jumps and not much loss of life/shield, this makes for a quick gettaway and helps to get a faster gameplay, shame no one actualy noticed that, als the middle bunker can be dodged to skim ober the angled side parts or get up to the health parts.

there are some mroe trick jumps to increase flow and gameplay speed, but i take it you figured out most off them already (i hope) as for the comments, tnx to all that commented.

and respondign to the FPS issue, i my self have tested it on all 3 machines i have @ my dispossal, and ran rather good on all of them, optimization has been put in as much as possible, so i cant realy do much about more about that, ah well, just hope some people will enjoy this, thats what i do it for any way :p

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The mid would probably run just fine if it wasn't for all that cave stuff. I think if you simplified that part of it down or just make it so it's all inside a facility (like orbital) it would be fine. The frames in the rest of the map are perfect.

Last edited: