Couple music questions, easily answered

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
I installed Unreal Gold to get at the original UMX files of Unreal and RTNP. Couple questions:

1. Liandri Archives says Opal came with Unreal but was unused. Is that true? I mean, Opal's not even in the music listing for the Unreal page on Liandri Archives, and since Unreal Gold installs both, I can't verify that Opal was there before.

2. Bounds of Foundry and Neve's Crossing seem like they were designed to have a regular song and an action song. You know how most Unreal UMXs contain one or more subsongs for this reason, right? Well, in-game, they aren't separated. XMPlay doesn't see them as separated either, and the subsongs are tiny, seconds-long triggers that go into the action subsongs, but...seems there's no way to isolate either, and as a result neither the ambient or action songs can be looped. Just checking if this is normal. For most songs, each subsong is clearly defined and XMPlay rips them as whole separate songs.

Edit: seems you can get the action subsongs to loop if you stay in an action area or pause the game during them.

Edit 2: While I'm around, can anyone upload the music folder for the Unreal Beta, and the 95 tech demo? I tried to just download the actual games, but the Unreal Beta link is looooooong dead and the tech demo, I couldn't really find.

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Okay, thanks.

I'm making lossless copies, so I need the UMX files for the beta and 95 demo if at all possible...

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Opal was used in RtNP also. I have the beta songs, if you download zora's conversion it has that as well, all the songs converted.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah, whether it came. Got the answer now.

Also found the U98 beta and tech demo! So I'll continue working on my rip. While I've got an open thread...

1. I noticed references to a fabled Unreal 1997 alpha; was that ever leaked?
2. Does someone have the UT beta? Or can at least supply the original UMX files? I think I have the title one now from Ronin's package...
3. Any conceivable way to rip music from UC and UC2? Kevin Reipl is actually the least favorite series composer of mine, but for the sake of completion...

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Search Google, you can find all UC2 songs there.
And IMO Kevin Riepl did a great work on UC2 ones. Not even near the quality of UT2004.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
All the music/sounds are present in RTNP material, but not all used in game.

Some songs are NOT emotionally split into sub tunes, they are just one full tune, so trying to do a musicorder 1,2 will just advance the pointer into the tune and play the tune from that point.

There are a couple of tunes on the original Unreal never used ingame.
But their so similar to used tunes youd hardly tell...

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Okay.

Is it okay to post about what I'm doing with the music collection here? I mean, I plan to torrent it, but during my searches for the Unreal 2 Alpha / UT2K3 Beta / UT Beta, I noticed there was some flak over this stuff from Epic. If it's okay, I'll go ahead and show everyone what I'm doing. It should be pretty cool.