2 questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ion

Oct 23, 2003
1) Are games created with the runtime eligible for entrance in the "Make something Unreal" contest?

2) There seems to be no WeaponFire class in the runtime source, I see that there is firing functionality in the Weapon class itself, but WeaponFire is native in UT2k3 and for the TC I am coding for I was hoping to keep ut->utruntime code conversion somewhat easy. Is WeaponFire going to be added considering it's native in UT2k3, or are we forced to rewrite code using the new system?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
ion said:
1) Are games created with the runtime eligible for entrance in the "Make something Unreal" contest?
The MSU contest rules explicitely state that your mod must work with the latest patch for UT2003 if you want to enter it in the first two phases or with UT2004 if you enter it in phase 3.
If you can manage to compile your stuff with UT2003 v2225 you can enter it in phase 2 (till the end of October), if it compiles with UT2004 you can enter it in phase 3.

ion said:
2) There seems to be no WeaponFire class in the runtime source, I see that there is firing functionality in the Weapon class itself, but WeaponFire is native in UT2k3 and for the TC I am coding for I was hoping to keep ut->utruntime code conversion somewhat easy. Is WeaponFire going to be added considering it's native in UT2k3, or are we forced to rewrite code using the new system?
The WeaponFire classes were DE's invention for UT2003, the runtime only features Epic's original idea of using Ammunition classes to specify projectiles, damage, bot behavior, etc.