Nvidia's latest driver has confined me to 640x480

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Freakin NVIDIA and their empty promises of imporved reliability and support etc.

Just got latest drivers for my GF4 MX440 and I cant get out of a desktop res of 640x480, which means I have to be in that resolution or lower to be able to play games. I've tried many things such as changing the monitor type and changing color depth but the resolution slider wont budge. I'm using a Plug n Play monitor BTW. Any sugguestions?

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
remember in order to update your driver, you first gotta uninstall the current one, restart, install the standard vga windows drivers, restart and then install the new drivers.

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
I've never had to uninstall nVidia drivers before either (except changing cards), but I have heard of people having problems and having to uninstall the old ones to get the new ones to work. Try using a Detonator cleaner such as Detonator R.I.P. after unistalling your drivers the normal way.

Also see if you monitor cable is loose. Mostly likely not the problem, but I've had funny resolution problems because my monitor cable wasn't plugged in all the way.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
If you didn't do it right you could've been left with default drivers, do what tom says, but first look at your device manager (via the control panel > system stuff) and see what it tells you you have.

hint: if it doesn't say geforce, but default instead, then try installing the drivers again anyway.

Last edited: