*sigh*, ok ok, I give....I need to get IRC savvy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Was chatting with [H]Nemesis and |Ci|Flame last night and it's seems as though i'm missing out on a whole world of stuff because I don't use IRC.

So if you don't mind, hook me up with the updates and all your links (or channels.....or whatever you call them) so I can get into "PUG's" and all the other stuff I'm missing out on. :(

And some short instructions on how to use them would be helpful also. (yes TWD, I know you gave instructions, but that thread is gone ;) )

Thanks. :)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Yeah Hanover, it took me about 2 weeks to figure it out (being retarted and all ;) ) but I think I may finally have the hang of it. So if I can do it, you shouldn't have any problems.

I just don't know on which channels everyone hangs out. About the only ones I ever see on #fragbu are Thrawn and TWD.

*NiKita*

aka Flame
Dec 6, 2002
Ohio
www.atomicrage.net
Remember Han, if you still want to use all your chat programs Trillian may be the best option for you. However, mIRC is the best IRC software to use I think just for your basic IRC.

Maybe we should all share the channels we go into? I'll start. :)

Enter The Game
#clanci
#tdmpug
#beyondunreal (once in a great while)
#kdsclan

ProGamePlayer
#clanci
#clan9
#HardClan
#lessons
#theclinic
#fragbu
#theweb
#|C|ondemned
#ut2K3pug
#cf

I left out some of the ones that I doubt anyone would have any interest in going to, but it's a start.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
[Ci]Flame said:
C'mon Webby, 'fess up.....you can tell them about our private #HotMedicalTalk channel. ;)
:lol:

ROFL!!! I didn't know that was going to become the joke of the day!

DOH! I forgot about #theweb. You guys in there a lot?

Webslinger said:
OMG, the blind leading the blind

Retarted leading the blind. A little respect here! Sheesh!

Okay, in my IRC n00bness, I do have 2 questions:

1 Can you have more than one channel open at a time, if say one's on progameplayer and the other is on enterthegame ?

2 Trillian, Flame? Didn't you say you can run all your instant messengers through that as well?

Sorry for the highjack, Hanover, but I figured these questions would come up sooner or later anyhow.

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Yeah, Trillian supports AIM, IRQ, IRC, MSN, and Yahoo, all at once. I can help those wanting to do multiple server connects with Trillian.

First of all, right click on the blue IRC button and select "Connection Manager".

Click "Add" and enter the server info. It will then show up in the User Defined folder on the left side. I suggest entering progameplayer first. Then add this IRC script to the section that says "On connection, perform these commands:" (check that box too) under Perform Buffer:

/newserver irc.enterthegame.com; /join #[channelNameHere]; /join #[channelnamehere]

until you have all the channels you want entered.

Then click the add button again and enter the Enterthegame info and set group to "Enterthegame". Then add the join scripts and such to the ETG script box like what you did for PGP. When you start trillian, you'll connect to the PGP server first, and then the ETG connection will occur automatically.

Last edited:

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Yeah Ren, trillian is teh 1337.

It runs ALL your basic chat programs like ICQ, AIM, MSN, YAHOO, and even connects you to any IRC channel of your choice. Once you install it you can have it find all your contacts you already have, so you don't have to re-do it. Great program. :tup:

Fumanchu

Passion Fruit
Apr 14, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
To connect to multiple servers in mIRC, you first need version 6.03, (the newest), and then type /server -m irc.progameplayer.com (irc.progameplayer.com being the network of your choice :))
This opens a new status window and connects to the network.

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Ok, to get your connection to PGP to dial first, go to Preferences -> IRC -> and check the box that says "Connect on startup" and enter in the "to.." box as irc.progameplayer.com ;)

EDIT: And set your "wait period before next attempt" to 25 so that the tempermental ETG doesn't keep booting you for trying to reconnect to fast if you lose your connection.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
spineblaZe said:
lol Thrawn and Scum!! I think we gave Ren an information overload. :D

yeah, my left eye keeps twitching. o_0 o_o o_0 o_o o_0

I'll start downloading it when I get home tonight. That way, I'll have it when I get home tomorrow night. ;)

Thanks guys.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
[Ci]Flame said:
To join another server while in mIRC, I just hit File, Options, Connect, select the server I want to join and check the box "New Server Window". Tada! Done.

Thanks Flame. I'm teh dummy when it comes to tech stuff, but learning.

Now my head hurts. I think I need treatment. Wanna give me a shot, Nurse Flame?