so i got Xbox live now...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T.Dizzle

Jan 21, 2004
gamer tag: DizzyT Dizzle

i got UC. :D

i also have RTCW and Mech Assault.

so if you want to play UC or anything else tell me on here ahead of time so i can hook everything up...

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
UC was a huge letdown.makes me really wary about buying u2 for xbox.

T.Dizzle

Jan 21, 2004
It wasn't a huge let down, but it was let down. I mean it is addicting and it is fun, but it didn't live up to the unreal game. I think they are going to do good on U2. XMP is coming out with it. I heard XMP was awesome so i am really excited

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
i've heard the xbox version of u2 is a complete lemon.only 4 maps,low res gfx,lot of lag,loooong load times,server crashes a lot....doesn't sound too good.

T.Dizzle

Jan 21, 2004
CiD said:
i've heard the xbox version of u2 is a complete lemon.only 4 maps,low res gfx,lot of lag,loooong load times,server crashes a lot....doesn't sound too good.

i heard it was too. im kinda pissed. im glad i didn't buy it. i bought Counter Strike instead.

but i also read an article that there is a Unreal Championship 2 in the talks. im glad about that because i love UC. it isn't the best game. but it is fun and addicting :D

°»Fwùffý Kïttý«°

Teh Fwuffy One
Jul 13, 2004
Lt.Fuzzy...

The talk of bad graphics and long load times/lag and 4 maps was directed toward u2- unreal2 : the awakening for xbox. Not UC....Although UC was a let down, it did not have too much lag or any of the things mentioned about U2.

Lt Fuzzy

noob skiner learning
Jul 20, 2004
whoops, sorry :/ i thought UC was only xbox, i just got into unreal about a month ago

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
Tantalus dropped the ball on XMP for the xbox. I mean, I still play it, from time to time, but Rainbow 6 is just a much better designed game, even though I prefer sci-fi to realistic combat.

Lt Fuzzy

noob skiner learning
Jul 20, 2004
ill play with u T, my name is Lt fuzzy, when? my best time is this weekend

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I refuse to pay for Xbox live. I had fun playing NFL 2K1 online when I had my dreamcast, but that's because it wasn't an extra bull**** fee. Unless MS stops charging for it, I'll never bother with it. I can always play my PC games online, or my console games with my friends. I mean, if I pay $50 for a game, I don't want to have to pay more just to play it with other people. There's a reason that services like Kali and Dwango failed, eventually Xbox live will too.

It's one thing to need the money to support a MMORPG, but there's no need for the fees in normal games.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Agreed with Clayeth. The thing that ROYALLY annoyed me....
Pay $40 for broadband and then $6/mo for Live. Bought UC. Found like 20 servers, and not one was an official server. They were all other people with Xboxes running servers on thier system. So what exactly is that monthly fee for again? :rolleyes:
*CANCELED*
Love how they try to talk you into it...
"But there's a bunch of new online titles coming" -MS Dude
"Yeah and they will be on the PC, too..."
"Yes, but with our voice chat feature it's like phone service over the net" -MSdude
"Yeah, and I know 3 people with Xbox. Eww. That's worth it. Only one with LIVE. UT2K4 now does voice in game and I'm sure more games will, too. Not to mention Teamspeak/RogerWilco."

-1 Xbox Live customer

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That's pretty much how I felt when I bought the starter kit. I played UC like 4 times and every time I killed everyone that wasn't cheating...and then it was boring and i cancelled.

°»Fwùffý Kïttý«°

Teh Fwuffy One
Jul 13, 2004
ha.

hmm...well...Xbox Live just hit 1 million users...guess its not goin down anytime soon...unless one million people all decide that every one of the xbox titles for live have become boring and all of the new titles arriving soon and new features are just not worth paying for... :crazydance:
I say this because I am a very satisfied customer and can't wait to see even more updates to the xbox live community.
And to add to someones post about buying a game and not wanting to pay the fees of live...well most games for live now have 2 month free trials...lol... :lol:

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
°»Fwùffý Kïttý«° said:
hmm...well...Xbox Live just hit 1 million users...guess its not goin down anytime soon...unless one million people all decide that every one of the xbox titles for live have become boring and all of the new titles arriving soon and new features are just not worth paying for... :crazydance:
I say this because I am a very satisfied customer and can't wait to see even more updates to the xbox live community.
And to add to someones post about buying a game and not wanting to pay the fees of live...well most games for live now have 2 month free trials...lol... :lol:
That's too bad, because as soon as they start losing money on it they'll have to restructure it and drop the fee, then it would be free for everyone and it would have about 5x as many users. Not only that, but there would also be the possibility that multi-platform titles could be compatible with one another, so people with Madden for the PS2 could play against people with Madden on the Xbox.

°»Fwùffý Kïttý«°

Teh Fwuffy One
Jul 13, 2004
hmm

The trials are often a gateway for people to start playing live, despite what some may think, alot of people actually enjoy the enviornment and decide to purchase an account for a bit to play some games and enjoy their time...I am by NO MEANS at all..saying Xbox is better than PC. That one is obvious..PC just owns xbox. Although Xbox is a good solution of someone doesn't have a PC or the money to get one and would like to experience an online community with a good system that has some good games to play and alot of neat features. Xbox would probably be a bit cheaper than a good PC, not much cheaper though...

As for some type of sudden user loss for xbox live...I doubt it will happen, same goes for the dropped charges for live, if you want that then go to XBC or XBT because Microsoft would stop live instead of dropping charges, and about the multi platform online play between different systems...That is probably never going to happen but would pose a good interest. There would be no competition or gain for the companies then.

Last edited:

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Agree. Not saying LIVE sucks totally. It's good for some. But the principal of paying for it just irks me. It should be free. If I want to pay monthly I'll join a MMORPG.

Have to disagree with NO GAIN FOR THE COMPANIES.

EX: 2 very good friends. One has Xbox, one has PS2. Now if, say NeedForSpeed7 were available on both systems AND they could talk together. Those 2 friends = 2 sold copies. Now since it currently stands that they CANNOT play together, maybe only one friend buys it and they get together and play it in person = LOSS for companies AND Microsoft. No need for XBOX live, no need for 2 copies... ...