Nightvision anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
'nuff said ;)

LOL, seriously I just wanted to ask if the team had any plans on bringing nightvision into the game? It is very realistic, most soldiers have it, Special Ops uses it extensively etc.

Plus with RAVE on a Mac, it is extremely hard to see anything, let alone on dark maps like Kosovo, and Siciliy-Night.

Anyways, thats just ym idea. Will there be nightvision in another version of Infiltration?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Well it's not most soldiers that carry it, it's just too expensive for that. But i think INF will get it in future, at least there was some arguement about it a while back.

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
how about..

Nightvision scopes......

well?
I dont think it would be all too easy to aim through a scope with NV goggles on....

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
If your running GLIDE you can always boost your lightmodify out the ass. Dunno if other APIs have a similar thing, but I would think so. The result is basically all the dark areas on the map are now a dim-red color, making anyone hiding in them stand out like sore thumbs.

I'm not saying that <em>I</em> use this, it is rather cheap and it looks fugly, but its something to mess with if you have trouble seeing what's around you.

Nightvision extras...

Unfortunately I have RAVE :(
So I can't change brightness at all... the most I can do is turn my computer brightness to max, but since UT is a naturally dark game, you can get the idea ;)

Nightvision would be really cool, but it shouldn't just be a really simple thing, like turning everything around you light green. It should cover part of your external vision, like real ones would. An example would be looking through bincoluars (though not that limited vision).

Anyone have any other ideas?