I need help with UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RedBeard

Mar 23, 2000
Grapevine, TX USA
Visit site
My computer just randomly freezes when in UT, and I have to restart using the reset button.
I have no idea why. Nothing else does this.
I ran some benchmarks and they all passed.
icon9.gif

Heres what im running:
p3-500, 192 megs, 3d annihilator pro, DSL,
all the current drivers. UT patch 413.

Help!!!! please!!!!!

-Red

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
How long do you leave it for? Mine stops responding every now and then for a good few minutes before comming back to life.

Make sure all the other programs that run in the background are shut down.

Erm...not sure about your set up...could be that...has it always done it?

If its only recently, try re-installing it, it does get corrupted quite easily. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Get the latest drivers for you graphics card.

Does it only happen when on-line, or does it do it off-line as well.

Re-install.

then

Re-install. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Can anyone else offer him some useful advice?
/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Butress

The Bearer of Humpage
Jan 13, 2000
Visit site
This sounds a little to me like the "double startup" problem that a lot of people are having with the 413 update. I had the problem myself. If you are able to hit ctrl-alt-delete anytime while UT is starting up and you see Unrealtournament on the list twice, this could be your problem. to solve this i guess there are a couple of options.

reinstall UT, and only update to 405b and then wait for 414 and hope that the new update helps.

or, you could get the no-cd crack for 413 and install that. since i got that i have not had a lock up. I don't have the address off the top o my head. do a forum search to get that. I don't think there is anything to risky involved in using the crack. maybe someone could verify that for me.

Good Luck /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I want your blood....
And I want your soul....
And I want them both right now!

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
I had that double start up crap you were talking about happen to me. You had to keep killing one of the processes. I don't see how the CD crack fixes this but since I put it on I haven't had the problem. But I really don't see the correlation between the CD crack and UT starting two instances of itself. Oh well, go to www.gamecopyworld.com for the crack...

bullet2.gif

§Kokensu§

RedBeard

Mar 23, 2000
Grapevine, TX USA
Visit site
hmm, well i did save my user.ini before formatting my hard drive. Then when i reinstalled UT i put my user.ini back in. It never did this before only after i installed my new motherboard and installed the 413 patch. So that could be it.

Anybody know if the user.ini could cause it?
I would think not but what the hell do i know?

-Red

p.s. all my drivers are up to date

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Red, Go get the lastest D3d driver from epic if you installed 4.13 you got the buggy d3d driver. It will cause the problems your describing. Epic came out with a new d3d driver 2 days after the 4.13 patch which seems to work ok.

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name VaShooter{PuF}

Slayer[FOR]

Feb 28, 2000
Madison
Visit site
Redbeard..I had to reinstall UT because of the 413 patch would not let me run UT!! I reinstalled it and patched it to 405B and it ran fine. But when I tried to copy in my old .ini file it either crashed or wouldn't run.

Just thought you would like to know!!

"What do you mean I have to be politically correct? I just shot him!!"