Impact Hammer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
for all those trickjumpers and impact hammer fans

BeyondUnreal: Speaking about "up close and personal," what are the plans for melee combat in UT2007? Will the shield gun be returning or will we see something different?

Steve Polge: We're going back to the impact hammer. [Steve smiles deviously]

:D

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
\o/

Just as I suspected... gald to have clerification.

Now, we have to wait and see if they share any of my alt fire visions, or come up with something even better....

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
I was thinking an actual physical metal sheild that folds up might have been plausible but the interview disproves that.

Howver, i did make a personal guess that teams would vote on their vehicle set before the round starts, so i got one thing right :D

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
It deflected incoming projectiles (can't remember which projectiles in particular besides the rockets).

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Oh, I didn't see he didn't mention flak bombs.

It was any weapon that had an "interacting Projectle", but I never tested it on goo, so for that I'm not sure..

Shock Cores, Redeemers, Rockets, Flak bombs, and Razors, fairly certain they didn't deflect pulse.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Full interview here. :D They don't know what the secondary will do yet, but we do know it won't have a shield function. *does the happy dance*

BeyondUnreal: Speaking about "up close and personal," what are the plans for melee combat in UT2007? Will the shield gun be returning or will we see something different?

Steve Polge: We're going back to the impact hammer. [Steve smiles deviously, again]

BeyondUnreal: Will that have a secondary shield function on it like we saw in UT2004?

Steve Polge: It won't have a shield function, but it will have some kind of secondary function that, ah, and we're still trying to figure that out, whether it's a deflection kind of thing like we had in the original UT, or we've had some other ideas that haven't been finalized.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Hopefully the defensive function will be something that takes skill to use as opposed to something you can just hide behind. :):tup:

Or, what they could do is have the alt-fire able to collect shock beams that it blocks and store them in some energy cell. Then, when you've collected enough energy, you can blow yourself up with a redeemer-like explosion. ;)

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Turns2Ashes said:
what they could do is have the alt-fire able to collect shock beams that it blocks and store them in some energy cell. Then, when you've collected enough energy, you can blow yourself up with a redeemer-like explosion. ;)
:eek:

that is one AWESOME idea :eek:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well, if it gives you any idea, the one in UT was so hard to use, that I only knew what it was capable of via slowing game speed down, and using playersonly in practice matches to find out. Actually attempting stuff in game,and achieveing it was ... harder then tellefragging is today... actually, much harder...

I'm trying to equate it to something that difficult in this game... Imagine lift jumping, having a core thown at you, SG deflecting it, and comboing it in the face of the guy that shot it at you before you hit the ground. I'd imagine it was like that.