CTF-Aurinko]I[ was reviewed by Surprise Cortex ... what do You think ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do You think about that review ?

• The score was way too high. Why did she review this map in the first place ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She should have been more accurate with the errors, mabee a bit high score.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is a hit into bullseye, the map deserved that one.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • That is an average map, the review makes it look worse than it is.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Reviews like that will not encourage mappers to ask for more.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Varpu

Novice Nali City Reviewer
May 21, 2001
Finland
furpile.com
The reason I'm doing this rant here is the poll feature of our forum and the fact that it was DEFINITELY the last time I klicked ANY link into Surprise Cortex.

Well, my best (IMO) CTF map was reviewed by Surprise Cortex and that review makes the mincing machine properties of QUALTHWAR feel like sweet massage. Nali Girl really made it this time, she gave that map one thumb down, which would mean a 2.5 - 3.5 in NC scale.

Last edited:

luquado

The cake is a PLOY!!
Feb 18, 2000
Astoria, NYC
www.luquado.com
You need to add an option for "Not quite a perfect review or score, but generally the right idea." I don't know what to vote for, cause I definitely don't think it's a "bullseye" review but not far off... the things she brought up were things I noticed when playing this map... back when you released it. It didn't stay on my HD for more than a few days...

Sorry, Varpu, no hard feelings, m'kay? :) I still love ya, but just like any review, it's one person's opinion (which I happen to agree with). I still think their reviews are accurate overall. As such, I'm voting bullseye too.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"You should email the reviewer and post her reply here **AHEM** small since she's a cutie and lives in the Dallas area... "

You got invited to a party with here btw, in case you didnt get that message which i severly doubt.

The review? It was discouraging, but she gave you pointers on how to improve...sunspire are rather harsh in terms of wording ( and the rating system is poor ) but I think most of the points were fair ones...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
well, I was on a reviewer site a few motnhs ago. I did some reviews and the main thing is to explain the map and to tell what you feel about it. but i never tried to get the reader to NOT dl a map. its alway worth a try(unless its a n00b map which i never wrote reviews for).

I think the SC guys and gals are waaay too hard. I also think that much people wont send them anymore maps cos of their harshness. anyway I'll see what they think about my map. :D

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
actually balton, i reckon it could work in their favour, the challenge you know...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by mister_cope
actually balton, i reckon it could work in their favour, the challenge you know...

challenge yes maybe...maybe i will try it...maybe not. dunno...

S4r4hAtDI

NaliGirl
Oct 26, 2001
Nali Asylum
www.planetunreal.com
arg! why do i have to go to other forums to talk about my reviews?

Varpu i saw a review of your as-rebellion on mapped a few weeks ago and that was definitely your best map- that's why i talked about you having already done better work since completing these maps. i downloaded it when i saw the review and everything about it is better even if it's a different gametype... better gameplay and textures and lighting and detail... and it's more fun.... aurinko]I[ doesn't have a whole lot going for it, but rebellion does. that's the direction you needed to go in

S4r4hAtDI

NaliGirl
Oct 26, 2001
Nali Asylum
www.planetunreal.com
I think if people are upset about my reviews/scoring, they should feel free to say something at our own forums. if they don't like forumplanet, then i'll say what i want and they don't have to respond.

i'm heading out for the day. cya soon.

Sarah