Major UT3 Update Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
They should have patched these fixes a few months or so after the games release, not TWO YEARS later after they were finished with their console priorities.
Game was released in 2007... it's 2009 Epic.
As much as I agree with the game deserving such patching immediately post-release, do remember that it's really only One year (+ two months) since retail..

Also, all of this is really just preparation for an UT3 'Gold' re-release, which will feature both the 2.0 update and the Titan pack, the latter of which is apparently insanely huge.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Are there any plans to address compatibility issues with Windows 7 x64 in this patch? I just got the beta installed on my main machine and the game (installed via Steam) can't find DirectX for some reason.

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
Are there any plans to address compatibility issues with Windows 7 x64 in this patch? I just got the beta installed on my main machine and the game (installed via Steam) can't find DirectX for some reason.

Considering Windows 7 is only beta, I highly doubt they're really concerned about it.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Well since DirectX 11 is in the retail release as well as the beta, I'd say they have reason enough to be somewhat concerned.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's because Windows 7 doesn't have any libraries installed for DX10 or DX9. You have to get them manually.

Just google for the dll file names and copy them into your UT3\Binaries folder. It took me about 2 minutes to find all the DLLs I needed and now it runs great. Only problem is it constantly forgets my CD key and it also won't remember my Gamespy password.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
It actually does, but no need to download dll's separately. Just download latest DirectX redistributable and it will do the work for you.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
It actually does, but no need to download dll's separately. Just download latest DirectX redistributable and it will do the work for you.

Yeah I skipped the DX9 installation when I first ran UT3 thinking it wouldn't be a problem. Installed it, works fine... But I'm not getting any audio on the Bink movies. Which might be a blessing in disguise right?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah I skipped the DX9 installation when I first ran UT3 thinking it wouldn't be a problem. Installed it, works fine... But I'm not getting any audio on the Bink movies. Which might be a blessing in disguise right?
This is a REALLY annoying problem in Windows 7. Here is how you can fix it.

This fixed it.

1) Download this:
http://files.filefront.com/Alchemy+Universal/;12992509;/fileinfo.html
(You don't need a Creative card)

2) Install

3)Add game
Game Path: Path to UT3 folder
Install to subfolder Binaries

4) SOUND NOW WORKS IN CINEMATICS!!!!!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Awesome. Thanks Brizz!

EDIT: Oh excellent, it fixes other games too. Why didn't Daniel_K include this in his driver pack? :(

Last edited:

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Option to allow for custom characters to load at all times (no default characters, but may get hitches when new players join? Correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean... no more generic player models after player count goes past 10?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Option to allow for custom characters to load at all times (no default characters, but may get hitches when new players join? Correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean... no more generic player models after player count goes past 10?
You could up that number in Patch 1.3, but you are correct. It should work when you switch teams and such, too.

The tradeoff, of course, is slightly increased load times and possibly hitches when someone joins the game.

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
You could up that number in Patch 1.3, but you are correct. It should work when you switch teams and such, too.

The tradeoff, of course, is slightly increased load times and possibly hitches when someone joins the game.

awesome_med.png

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
...after thinking a bit bout this, how about a new poll Dark Pulse?

Q. Who cares about or wants any of the Players back that don't play UT3 anymore, never did or havent stopped whining about it since its release?

1. Eff No!!
2. Respectfully, I don't want that sh!t in my hair!
3. You have been forcibly removed from the game! Kick!
4. Well ok, Give 'em a second chance, after all llamas n trolls are ppl too.

;)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Btw just noticed there isn't in the list fix for carbonfire, I believe the map needs fix at the one lift, often happens that it gets stuck in the middle and with no lift texture or something, I have taken screenshot once of it, but i have lost it by now.