Volumetric Lighting (aka Fog)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I didn't know wether to post this in the troubleshooting section or not, but then I figured it's not really an Infiltration problem so what the hell. Anyway, when I enable fog (in D3D), the map looks fine, but I can see objects and players just as clearly as if there wasn't any fog. It's really annoying because it kind of defeats the purpose of having fog if it doesn't obscure my view of the other players (or vice versa). My question is: Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? If it is just me, maybe I could mess with my TNT2 configuration and see if thats the problem. If it's not just my computer, then I might as well not even enable it.

-Keiichi

P.S. Would installing the latest drivers for my TNT2 help? I'm still using the retail drivers that came with my card (I tried downloading the Detonator drivers a while back and it seemed to me that it caused more problems than it solved, but that might just have been an earlier version).

------------------
If the past is an idea that can only occur in the here-and-now, and the future is also just a concept happening strictly in the present, is there really a past and future? Or just a continuum of present moments?

[This message has been edited by Keiichi (edited 04-14-2000).]

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Aaarrggg! Come on, somebody reply! If you don't, i'll have to register a new name and start answering my own questions. I get so lonely here... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-Keiichi

------------------
If the past is an idea that can only occur in the here-and-now, and the future is also just a concept happening strictly in the present, is there really a past and future? Or just a continuum of present moments?

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Which drivers would those be? Need more info.

-Keiichi

------------------