Infiltration Bot Tweaker

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

C.E.R.T. Boy

Warden of the UMC Nuthouse
Question

DLL,
I downloaded the file, ran the setup.exe file installed the program to a new folder in my UT directory.

When I ran the program from the start menu the following happend. (See attached)

Ok so what did I do wrong (I hve no doubt that I did something here, I havn't heard one complaint about your app yet!)

Following the second message the application came up but there were no bot names listed in the Select bot section.

Win 2000 OS American version.

Help!

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
C.E.R.T Boy - It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong... I'm going to create a version with a new installer and give you the link. The problem may be the current installer is not working correctly with W2K. I'm not saying this is the problem for sure but I'd like to try a different installer.

C.E.R.T. Boy

Warden of the UMC Nuthouse
DLL You are too much

I don't get this kind of help when I pay someone for it!!!!

Thank you,

I'm downloading that file now. I'll try it in the morning.

I did play around a bit and got it to work...sort of.

I went to file>open It flashed a message saying unable to locate Infiltrationuser.ini then opened a window allowing me to find it for the app. I pointed it towards my UT/Sys folder and Voila it worked!

Only about half of the bot names from inf showed up bot that's ok by me.

I've played a few maps with six bots tweaked and can already se the diference. There moving around more, acting like something more that follow the leader robots. I need to play with the settings a bit but so far this is really great.

I'll let you know how the win2000 installer works tomorrow. Hopefully it can help someone else.

Thanks again,

CB

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
I can't get it to work. First: Do I have to put it into the UT systems file, or the default file it tries to create? When I start the 'tweaker', I don't get ANY names, just one 'bot name'...just wondering if I am missing something. I use win98. Thanks.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
You can install it in any directory you want, but you have to tell it where your InfiltrationUser.ini file is. It should have prompted you for this information at startup. Try selecting your ini file by clicking File->Open.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
I will work with W2K, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, and Windows ME.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Cool

If this will work like i hope it will, it will be like a dream come true.

btw- can you tell me how you set the bots to be good players?

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
There is a preset menu that has some settings I recommend. Using those settings, I recommend setting the bot base skill to 'Skilled' or higher.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Are most of you installing and using the program with no problems?

Trak

Rampant Suicide Machine
Mar 19, 2001
Nashville
www.uglymachine.com
I installed it with zero problems. I like it too. Nice interface, very slick. Maybe the problem is that people aren't paying enough attention to the dialogues that pop up during installation. You should make them look more threatening :D