Capps: Rapidly Advancing Phone Tech A "Bigger Challenge"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Talking to Industry Gamers, Epic Games president, Mike Capps explains that, from the perspective of a middleware provider and developer, the WiiU is falling into an awkward middle-ground while rapidly advancing cell phone technology is providing the real challenge.

"As a middleware provider and as a game developer it sure would be nice if all the different platforms were really similar for us - it would make it easier to work between them with maybe just a few differentiating features we could take advantage of. I'd hate to say that the Wii U is late; in fact, you could almost argue that it's early. They're aiming for a point beyond the current generation - they're just not leapfrogging it. One can certainly envision a future a couple years down the road where we have some significantly leapfrogged generation and then the Wii U again becomes a system that's not easily portable between the other platforms. But honestly, I think the bigger challenge for us is mobile."

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
joypad!? I would still call it a gamepad.

Then you're not old enough :p

No but really, the first i saw where Joystick replacements for systems like the Commadore-64, ZX Spectrum and so on, and they where indeed marketet as "Joypad" back in thouse days.