Red Orchestra's John Gibson Interviewed by Mod Files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Mod Files released an interview with Red Orchestra's developer John Gibson. Red Orchestra received great success over the last couple of months with great reviews from magazines, sites, and public interest.

The Unreal engine is great. I've had the chance to work on it both as a modder with The Third Reich for UT'99 and Red Orchestra, as well as in a professional capacity for the America's Army game. It is such a powerful engine, and frankly one of the most well documented game engines. For programmers looking to learn how to program games, the Unrealscript code makes it easy to get right in there and start making things right away. What I have found, is that Unreal is easy to pick up, but of course takes a long time to master. I have been programming in Unrealscript for years now, and I am still learning to do new things with it.

Head over and read the entire interview today!