I'm Hit! I'm Hit!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
You know, I was thinking (uh oh) well, I guess this should start with a question.
If an infiltrator is shot in the legs, will he be able to walk or will he fall to the ground and only be able to crawl?

Because if your legs get severly wounded, then I would think that individual would be, in most cases, incapable of walking.

(If the above is not going to happen, then disregard the rest)

So, building from that, if we were to picture that happening to a teammate in an open area during a fire fight, the enemy might assume he's dead. While you sitting in your fox hole, know he's not, because he's saying "I'm Hit!!!" I'm Hit!!!" Well, I don't know if I could just leave my buddy out there to die. So wouldn't it be cool if it were possible to run out of your fox hole, pick him up, and throw him over your shoulder (like in Thief) and carry him back to a safe area where his wounds could be treated. (provided you were lucky enough to pull that off)

------------------
Marines!!! We are leaving!!!!

Twinkacide

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
From the Roadmap, Character Classes section:

" + leg hits will slow the player down and cause limping"
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, while you describe a cool scenario, I really don't think it would work in a practical game. Even though Inf and other mods of the type promote slower, more tactical play, they're still too... frenzied for something like that to work. Despite the fact you have a limited amount of ammo and weapons, the One Man Army still exists- try play AQ2, AHL, or Counterstike. A single decent or good player can do massive damage to the enemy team, to the point where it's just not worth trying to save a teammate like that. You'll help the team more by saving your ass and mowing down the guys that just shot up your buddy than taking yourself out of commission to help him. *shrug* Maybe it'll work in Inf, but I don't think so.

I dunno if that made sense... we'll see, I guess.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I agree with what your saying, and I read about the slow downs in the roadmap, but I just thought I'd suggest it anyway. It would probably be tricky to implement in a game like this.

Having someone fall to the ground when taking heavy shrapnel in the legs, however, would seem more realistic to me. Just a thought.

------------------
Marines!!! We are leaving!!!!

Twinkacide

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Well, I don't think the falling would be that difficult, if they're going to implement laying prone- just have a certain amount of damage to the leg force the target to fall into a prone position. The hauling-the-wounded bit might be harder, depending on the specifics of the UT model system that I'm not familar with. It could be done if you had a "Carried Body" tag on the sholder somewhere, picking up a player would attach their model to that tag, then have a set of animations for both while carrying. *shrug*

Anyway, I think the carrying bit is moot, as I said before, it seems kinda useless. Especially if a person with highly damaged legs can still fire from a prone position. They'd still lend firepower to the team for a short amount of time. Even if you did bring them back to fix 'em up, the removal of health boxes means they're probably going to get wasted right off anyway. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Forcing a person prone if they take a amount of damage that would be more than a limp but less than having the limb blown off would be nice though.

PsychoYoda

Feb 18, 2000
Erie, PA, USA
I think it would be cool to have somebody shot in one leg to limp and both to fall down... he should still be able to shoot, but with decreased accuracy (if this is possible, I know Rogue Spear uses this if you're limping or running too much)... and he/she should only be able to cover a small range of motion if firing from a wounded position on the ground...