Game crashes and IO lockups

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Parrothead166

Sep 11, 2000
Simi Valley, CA
Visit site
Hey all,
My machine is a home built, but all good technology...ASUS 2000 motherboard, Intel Pentium 600, Voodoo 3 3000, Soundblaster Live. I have played numerous other games, and have not had any troubles related to my hardware. I am running Win 98 SE and have the latest patch.

When I play UT, I can get through a game or two and then I get kicked out to my desktop right in the middle of a game. Sometimes there is a GP Fault error message box and other times there is not. Also, I have had times where all of the sudden, my character is constantly running as if the move forward button were stuck (not the case, however). Oh, and I am not even trying to play online yet...this is just single player BOT tournaments.

Any ideas??? I hope so.

Deimos

Sep 12, 2000
Netherlands
www.angelfire.com
Yup.. I've got the exact same problem

Hey Parrothead.. I've got the same problem that you have..

Do you have any info sbout it??
I'm sorry.. I can't help you yet.. I don't have any info about it.. Cause these guys don't reply to these kind of messages..

Here's my specs:
P500 Celeron
128 MB ram
voodoo3 2000 AGP
Win98 SE
and I have patch 428 installed...

Guys out there who know about this problem please post a message!!! Please send me a message to: maxdamage15@hotmail.com

Deimos- quite the contrary, it's just that we don't stop by every day. ;-) But we are here, and we do respond. I just cruise by these boards to help people out, and occasionally ask a question or two. Speaking of helping out...

Might I first suggest that you both try using the 420 patch. Using the 428 patch I had the exact same problems - playing the game, it exits to the desktop. I would also try to load up a multiplayer server, it would exit to the desktop. Really, seriously, try 420.

Also, if I may suggest (and it's probably not necessary) make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard, and the latest drivers for those Voodoo 3s.

Like I said, the 428 patch caused me a lot of headache, so give 420 a try.

kreepn

Sep 20, 2000
Visit site
Ut errors etc

Hey parrothead I have a similar problem and this is what I have learned. I will also explain my situation.

I have: athlon 700,fic sd11 mobo, 128 meg pny, maxtor 20 gb,
annhilator 2, and SB Live. I have done the following, installed det 3 drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled ut and win 98 se, upgraded bios, via chipset, and I am using ver428 patch and I always get the same problem. The game locks up randomly and gives me a General Protection fault and goes on about render history, tick update world, blah, blah.
What I have found is that if I disable everything except video card the game will run fine. But as soon as I enable the sound card the game will lock-up or give me that error message and send me to desktop, and it even has rebooted on me before. This leads me to belive its some sort of creative/ut problem. Especially since u get the same error w/ sb live, parrothead.
What do you all think?>>

kreepn