Anyone get a Mac OS X install to work?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Title says it all. I've installed UT clean, upgraded to 436, copied over the os x files. UT runs perfectly fine in os x. I install inf and I can't get on a server w/o a mismatch of some type, but not before I download an hours worth of files.

I have the community bonus pack thing installed as well, I copied the files to exactly where the file structure says to copy them to.

Anyone got any advice?

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I copied a PC install of UT to my mac and installed the 2.9 disc on top of my old UT with 2.86 folder, then ran UTXp3. It ran like **** but it 'worked'. If you have a friend with a PC install, I would copy that over if you can. Otherwise, sorry. But that's how I got it to work.

Good luck.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
Some of the INF mirrors, if not the main mirror itself must have a damaged copy of INF. Some files are changed within this copy so you get version mismatches for these files.

I'm just curious, where from did you DL you INF?

Now to the fix:
if it's only the version mismatches try replacing some .u files with the correct ones from the PC version. combatmaps.de has a bunch of these files:

http://combatmaps.de/index.php?site=dl&id=255

if you need more files, tell me - ill upload them