Smoke Puff

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The point of this thread is to have a discussion on the new sniper rifle. Don't like it don't read the thread.

So in an attempt to get back on topic: I'm ok with the new sniper, although I'd much rather have a lightning gun. Still I just don't see a point behind the smoke puff.

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
The point of the smoke puff is to leave the zoomed-in sniper unable to see for a second or two, so he/she is vulnerable for a short amount of time (unless they unzoom). This combined with the slower rate of fire was done to prevent people going ape**** with the sniper rifle and pwning everyone due to the general opinion of players being that it was too powerful (in UT'99).

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yeah but all you got to do is step to the side and it's gone, or if your moving like you should. Even then if you stand still I don't find the smoke really obscures my vision all that much. Sure it's annoying, but I can still see.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
TWD said:
Yeah but all you got to do is step to the side and it's gone, or if your moving like you should. Even then if you stand still I don't find the smoke really obscures my vision all that much. Sure it's annoying, but I can still see.

Sure you can still see. It's made to hinder your vision momentarily, not blind you.

Side note - I was AWESOME playing Face again with the SR! Good times, good memories! :tup:

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
TWD said:
So uhh what was the point of this smoke puff being in there again? It hardly does a thing...

LG > SR

The smoke puff is there because the SR uses black powder (ie: muskets), this is to remind you that you should never forget the Civil War and why it was fought.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah, the puff is there for blatant campers. I kinda like it, it quells my urge to go have a cig until the end of a match.