How Do I get Screenshots for my level???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wiz4ha

Jul 7, 2000
my guess is your wanting to take a picture of your level, and put the pic on a website? Either that or your wanting to put the picture of your level in Unreal or UT right?

well, take a picture with F9 (will save under your Unreal/system or Unrea TOurnament/system folders as a .bmp) im not sure how to put a picture directly in the game, but thats how you can take a picture from the game.

bullet2.gif

WiZ
Smileygames.8m.com

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Want a good screenshot? Here's how.

Start up UT. Go into the preferences and disable the HUD. Start your map up with no bots.

Now in the game type in the console, "iamtheone" (minues the quotes)
Then type in "killall enforcer"

Ok, no gun now. Clean screenshot. Now just find a nice place in your map where a screenshot would either show it off or would show a good view of all of it.

Then take a program like Jasc's Paint Shop Pro and shrink it down. Then take a 256x256 portion of it and save it as an 8bit color bmp file. This I'll do if you send the picture to etherealhc@aol.com

Now you go into UnrealEd and open your map. Choose Textures in the Browser. Then click on Import. Change the Name to Screenshot. Change the Package to MyLevel. Don't save the texture package.

Press F6 to open the Level Properties. Expand the LevelInfo section. Select you're Screenshot in the Browser. Then click on the Screenshot section under LevelInfo and then click Use. Save the map, rebuild if you want and then exit UED.

Check it out and see if it works.