I have an idea...silencer!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rgb9000

Feb 15, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Has anyone here played the old won.net game "silencer"? It was a great 2d game where there were different agents working for different agencies, who would hack the government and kill each other with one goal: steal secrets from the government for your agency. There were 5 agencies, each with different strengths and proprietary inventory items. There were different goals for agencies, too. One agency chastized you heavily for dying, (noxis) while one applauded you (lazaurus). One just wanted you to hack, hack, hack, (caliber), one your goal was to kill as many as possible,(blackrose)There was a store in your base that you could buy all kinds of weapons, bombs, and other goodies. You could infiltrate other players bases, destroying the store or set up an ambush. In its heyday silencer had a huge fan base and an exploding community. Versions worked their way up from Beta 104 slowly to Beta 110, which is when sierra dropped support, about mid-2000. It was developed by mindcontrol for sierra, but it has essentially stopped production:( . The hud had your health, stamina(for running) and jetpack fuel, along with the items you carried and all weapons, files, money, and secrets you had. You can get some info on the game and community at www.silencer.8k.com/faq.html. Well, good luck, and good modding!:) Reply to this if interested or want more info.

007KillaBee007

Jul 10, 2004
a reply from a silencer fan

hey i don't know if you are going to look at this but yes i remember silencer i was a big fan and i use to play it all the time on won.net. but then they took it off and the server was down. my alias was 007KillaBee007 and i was part of two clans. -3LIT3- i think that is how it was spelt was one then A*A or AA which was another clan alcoholics anonymous since the -3LIT3- clan died. but ya you forgot a group there was noxis, darkrose, lazarus, caliber and static. i was a static the one that gave you more money for killing i had a darkrose and a lazarus but i was best with static. i remember playing and everyone banded the nuke bombs (8000 smacks) and only allowed emp which were i think 1000 or 2000. and then they had the regular pea shooter lazers which took out armor and then rockets which took out health and killed you in 2 shots man those were the days and i wish it would come back email me at javier1g@aol.com or im me if you read this well maybe we can find more information because the one you left here is old so ya hit me up sometime and we will chat about silencer!

Buffrob

Aug 8, 2004
I Remember!!

This is unbelievable, it was the dog days of summer and me and a friend were chatting about the online games we used to play when we were in high school (just graduated this year) when the game Silencer came up. I have fond memories of stealing secrets and killing other agents while looking out for guv troops(good times :) ). Then we decided to scan the net for any info on the game to see if anyone even remembered it. I landed on the Mind Control Software homepage (yes, its still around). and to my surprise, I found the ACTUAL GAME!! :lol: :lol: i downloaded it and it was the exact same game we had played for hours every day in the summer of 2000. Except for 1 thing, WON.NET was **** down by Havas (the parent company) and so the only thing that was playable was the tutorial. I've been serching google for a forum where someone remembers the game and now ive found 2!! you guys!! (i played as buffrob) so ive been thinking there must be a way to get this game playable on gamespy or something it might be worth the effort, unfortunatly i dont now sqat about programming except what i know from info tech 11-12 in high school! i'm glad im not alone though. Lets bring silencer back!!!!

appa

Sep 26, 2004
omg guys...this game wus great i can remember pulling my first allnighters to this game....it owned....oh man....much love for it

armadilla2

Oct 10, 2004
Was searching through the internet for Silencer exactly as you all were and found nothing more than the demo, so it occured to me to do something because I loved this game so much. I sent an email to Mind Control and have started a petition online at this address

http://www.petitiononline.com/silencer/petition.html

Please visit the site and please post on any other forums you belong to encouraging other who remember the game to visit as well and sign. Hopefully, we can secure a large enough list to bring this game back, if not with online play, then at least with LAN capability. Theres no harm in trying! Please help me out!

DarkProdigy

Nov 22, 2004
Well, your in luck! I'm not sure how many of you already know this - But Silencer is coming back!

Head over to: arsia-mons.tproc.org to keep up to date! :D

Last edited:

permafrost

Mar 4, 2005
does ANYONE have a copy of the game? i'm desperately looking for it. please message me if you do

DarkProdigy

Nov 22, 2004
New site: arsia-mons.com
IRC: irc.gamesurge.net#silencer

The release was delayed due to a 'disgruntled host'. The old version of the game is on the site as well as a utility to launch single player non-tutorial games and a map creator.