Freebsd access statistics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Razorflower

It hurts.
Oct 6, 2000
I check out the...

.... Infiltration website a lot on my BSD machine, did all of *my* devel stuff for that site on BSD actually. Grunt deserves the credit for getting it all up and running.

Razorflower

unixman

[pthread] The Clan of One
Apr 8, 2001
Bakersfield, CA
www.stridernet.ath.cx
Crayola-color-crap... WTF?

Sentrystudios is being hosted on Win2k/IIS5!? What kind of freakin' mabajaba is this!? Gimme 30 minutes and I'll move it over to a real server platform with FreeBSD and ApachePHP. :D :D :D

OH... nevermind... now I see what crayola-color-crap is refering to hehe.

[SOB]Grunt_X

SOB Clan Officer
Sep 6, 2000
www.theonlinegaming.com
Hmm, well to be quite honest I would have preferred Linux/Apache for the hosting, but we use what's we got and that machine is running other stuff as well. Who knows, once apache 2.0 is finalized and out of beta......

OR, of course we sell enough cd's and t's for a second machine..... :)

Oh and I use opera and mozilla to test out stuff. Though if opera had just a few less little quirks with some javascript and a few other oddities I would probably switch to that full time.

unixman

Apr 8, 2001
Bakersfield, CA
www.stridernet.ath.cx
Originally posted by Guardian_BOB
Speaking of FreeBSD
Can you run an Infiltration server under FreeBSD ? Has anyone ever benchmarked it against another OS ?
If so please PM me the info and links.

Thanks, Slay Ya Later Guardian_Bob

Actually, you can pretty much run any linux binary under freebsd's "linux emulation layer". I find that linux programs actually run faster than they do in linux, but then again I haven't used linux in a while.

BTW, it's not really emulation... freebsd, in essence, has a mini linux kernel built into the bsd-lite kernel. Why they choose to call it emulation is beyond me. Sometimes they call it Linux Compatibility Mode. Call it what you will, it works. I've even run Unreal Tournament under it with OpenGL.

unixman

Apr 8, 2001
Bakersfield, CA
www.stridernet.ath.cx
Originally posted by BlAcK_PlAgUe22
XP 0wns j00! :D

I heard BSD is best for hosting, better then linux. :)

(Besides, how much cooler does a logo get when its a freaking DEVIL? :lol: )

Bah, only thing I use XP for is to play games :p

It's not a devil! It's a daemon! (No, I didn't misspell that)

Linux is overhyped. BSD has been around much longer than linux, and only because linux is "new", it gets all the press. One of the less glamorous sides of freebsd is, what many people consider, a confusing installation program which requires a fair amount of technical knowledge to use. Nobody said FreeBSD was for noobs! :D