Ideas for the crouching-mode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
One suggestion about the crouch position:

What about giving the player the ability to fine adjust his crouching position (height) while not moving?

This wouldn't require a special key, keeping jump/duck pressed while toggled crouched would lead to slowly raising/lowering the position. Moving further than 1 or 2 steps will bring you back to the original position.

This is to let you use most objects for perfect shelter and mappers would not have to care as much if an object is useful for shelter and allows the player to shoot while crouched...

I don't know If would be worth the effort, if new animations would have to be done...

Btw. Is it meant to be the way it is, that im not able to use stairs while crouched? Maybe the 'fall off protection' should ignore stairs.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I recommend you try crouch walking down the stairs while imitating holding your weapon in aim position. However, I recommend you find some carpeted stairs to try it on. :)