ChaosUT2 Public Release 1 is coming out very VERY SOON

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

djpaul

Jan 9, 2002
Visit site
They are finishing up testing now, and uploading for the mirrors. It shouldn't be too long now! :D

More info here if your not familiar with the mod. Chaotic Dreams . The Online Documentation is available already.

Should be around 40mb and a 30mb of optional maps. So it will be around 70mb for this release. But it will be growing as it continues to be developed.

Check out some of the weapons in the Doc's. Ripper Snipper and my little friends, the Proxies - are back :D

R.Flagg {MoO}

Mar 12, 2001
www.home.earthlink.net
Hi,

Crashes your rig? Care to be more specific? We'd like to know. Sorry, but yours is the 1st report of this. If you would like to post or mail the log file, that'd be good.

As far as spray paints, they've been spotted on the public server already, so they do work. Please check to make sure you have projectors turned on if you wish to see the logos (and yeah, it's stated in the manual, but I know some folks don't like to read those).

And there is an approx 30mb map pack. A few deathmatch, a few KOTH, one plays as DOM as well (it's small though, so maybe 2 on 2 is best). And more to come.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
thewalkingman said:
Crashes my rig :(
spraypaints dont work
one map...............................................:(
Do you have any more information about the crash? We could need everything you have, i.e. the error message, your version of UT2k3 and if possible also the log file.

Spraypaints require projectors to be enabled.
The other maps are in the seperate map pack to make the mod download itself smaller.

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
If anyone care to play some chaos ut2003 I have it on my server now
along with my scoring system and some other weapons stuff, fun fun :)

Server rotates between chaos and vanilla ctf 50/50

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
RegularX said:
I can't wait to download this. I'm a jb fanboy. ;)

Dam RegularX I was going to try to get you a copy of it early for your help that you have given me. Yesterday was a very hetic day and I just forgot with all of the other stuff we had going on. Sorry about that. Hope you like it.

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
Since it locks up completely I cant tell you if its the sound issues or the grapple..I am gearing towards the sound issue you know the cute litle guys taunts :)

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Oh the vortex gravity gun thingy is the bomb. Hehe I been playing vortex gravity gun thingy arena all day and haven't got bored. Must be the emitters and sound effects. Damn thats a phat gun. Hehe, the KOTH is also a nice addition to the gametypes. I think I'll hit up the map pack in about 10 minutes. Great fun though.

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
thewalkingman said:
Since it locks up completely I cant tell you if its the sound issues or the grapple..I am gearing towards the sound issue you know the cute litle guys taunts :)

I think I've been running into this issue also....but I really can't say what is causing it. It happens infrequently and not in a specific map or event. But every once in awhile everything just locks up hard and a sound will echo-repeat in the background. I can CTL-ALT-DEL to get back to the task manager (W2k) but its very slow and I can't bring task manager up to kill UT2k3. (White screens)

I played a bit more today and I didn't encounter a lockup yet, so I'll keep an eye out to see if I can notice what triggers it if it does happen again.

(I'd lean towards the sound issue, since I don't grapple and I have the grapple off for the bots...and I used the little guys alot today so I'm not sure if they are the problem.)

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Only 2 things I don't like...

Heartbeat sound, should be able to turn that off for yourself, im perfectly
avare of my health status so having it make noise only screws up my
audio clues.

Sniper crosshair is horrid, make it so I can choose between normal and
the current one that expands/contracts - when I aim at someone far
away it gets so small I can't see it.

Love it so far except these 2 things.

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
thewalkingman said:
I covered the roof of one of ctf-maul bases with the shark spray...not one but dozens.it filled the roof texture...
bug #2

The Spray Paint textures need to have TC_Clamp set in its properties. 3 of thme some how made it out with that var set to TC_Wrap which cases the effect you saw. They all have been fixed now. Sorry that got out :(

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
I_LoveToKill,

the heartbeat sound is not for you but your eneimes :) That sound is audible to everyone so they know if your close to death and can move in for the kill :) Of course you also can use it to figure out who is low on health and maybe take them out first.

Sniper has 2 modes. Normal mode which should act like UT2k3 sniper.

And enhanced. In Enhanced mode you get movement prediction indicator (green circle), enemy names and team info. However this mode is locked to a fixed zoom. We did this because the Enhanced options only work to about 10,000 game units out. Why? Well figured if we let it go full out it may make the weapon a bit too powerful. Plus to get that info on your screen we have to do a trace and run iterator operations every time your screen refreshes. These are expensive operations and can eat CPU time. The further these effects go out, the more CPU time your going to need. So it was a comprise there as well.

Once you play with it a bit more it becomes very usefully. You can use normal mode for some long distance snipping. Then the enhanced mode to get more info on your current surroundings.... as well as it can help to lead your targets.

Last edited:

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Been playing it on the SSB dudes' server the last couple of days and it's been a real hoot! :tup:

The Proxy Mines (& fire mines) rock, as ever, and the napalm & poison grenades are great fun. :cool:

<edit>Forgot to mention, but most CUT maps seem to load really slowly & Biotoxin lags heavily in many areas, any ideas? :(

Last edited:

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1667 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (4403)

Assertion failed: inst->KPhysRootIndex != INDEX_NONE && inst->KPhysLastIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:KSkeletal.cpp] [Line: 570]

History: KInitSkeletonKarma <- KInitActorKarma <- AActor::setPhysics <- UObject::processEvent <- (railbolt CTF-Maul.railbolt, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::MoveActor <- xPawn <- APawn::physFalling <- APawn::performPhysics <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop