Camping is good

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ratch

Jan 25, 2000
Holland
Visit site
I must agree that camping is not by defenition bad. There are people who like to go crazy and run onto the battlefield holding a chainsaw, there are those who try to find sneaky routes to other places (scouts), there are the snipers (my personal favorite), and the campers.

NO, camping and sniping aren't the same!

A camper will change positions and try to amass as much weapons and ammo he can carry, so when he gets shot, the first passing person will have those.

A sniper will analyze the battlefield and find a good spot accordingly. From there he looks for a lone camper and prolly shoot his head off or something. After a frag or 5 he'll change his position not to get cought.

So, in short, I agree, campers aren't bad,
you shouldn't have too much of 'm in a game, that lame, but a sitting duck isn't bad.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
When you camp, do you "pitch tents"?

bullet2.gif

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Bounca

Unemployed Loser
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
Rogue Spear is such a great game...UT campers/snipers should try that game. 'Pitch-a-tent' there.

bullet2.gif

How bout a greazy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray!!!

Spiff

Jan 4, 2000
New Jersey
www.otherplans.com
I'm sure most will disagree with me (let the flames begin), but not only do I like camping I like other campers.

I personally don't like frenzied games where people die every ten seconds. I enjoy the tension of slowly rounding corners and wondering if there is a scope on my *** . I like teamwork and a slow coordinated attack. I like coming up behind campers and removing their heads. When I get hit from a well placed camper, I congratulate them and try to learn their camping spots.

What I can't stand, are those whiny people who complain when they get hit with a sniper rifle. It's a sniper rifle you moron, you aren't supposed to run around with it.

I'm not saying everyone should camp, but surely there is a place for them in the games.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Hey, what server do you play on? I like campers. They stand still.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

Guysmily

Nov 30, 1999
Chicago, Il, USA
Visit site
I totaly agree. Everytime I play online or even at lan parties, I get someone yelling at me for sniping.

I can hold my own playing the normal way, but getting kills that way is just not as satisfying. There is nothing like shooting the head off of someone when they have no idea where you are. Or finding the camper that just got you moments ago and gibbing them from behind.

CHRYSt

Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
ooohhh...I'd like to play both of you...It's so much easier to combo shock people who don't dodge.

bullet2.gif

Spiff

Jan 4, 2000
New Jersey
www.otherplans.com
I don't just sit still like a statue. I do camp, but I often switch my locations, and occasionally I do charge into the fray.

Meanwhile, with all of the camping I've done I am an excellent shot with the sniper rifle and usually not that easy to get close to and kill.

CHRYSt

Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
That's the beauty of surround sound. You'll never snipe me more than once or twice, then you're little hiding hole will never work again.

bullet2.gif

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
I believe there's a bit of confusion between "Camping" and "Sniping"

Campers hang around a small areas, usually with close reach of a power-up (Shield-belt) and high-power weapon and ammo. Example:

Tempest. Grab the Rocket launcher, go up to and grab the shield belt, then go grab the rocket ammo. Never leave the upper area. refill ammo and shield belt as needed and blast away at anybody who attempts to come-up at you. Be wary of jump-booted thugs who try to come up the back way. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Camper type 2: Hangs around a respawn point with the flak cannon and blast away at nearly unarmed opponets.

Sniping is good. But it also makes you an easy target.

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 391733

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
The worst campers i've meet so far are the guys w/ impact hammers near teleport exit on the Face. Does anyone know how to deal with them? <Well, i know that you can get anywhere in forts using outside ledges, but are there other ways to get them?>

Space Cruz

Dec 29, 1999
Baton Rouge, La, USA
Visit site
Nothing's "wrong" with camping or sniping (they're not the same as others have posted) either way; it's just a question of gaming style.

Personally, I find sniping a little boring, but I'm a horrible shot. Campers tend to just make themselves easier targets if you know the map well enough. IMO, it's the players that refuse to play you in a game with just a few people that grate on the nerves. I play late night, and I'll hunt 'em for a while, but then just get bored with it altogether; but that doesn't make it wrong, just less interesting for me /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

DolemiteDon'tNeedNoClan

Lanik

Nov 27, 1999
Austin, TX USA
www.austinfd.com
I don't find it boring, but then again I played a game called Sin where headshots counted a lot. I learned to appreciate getting the perfect 1-shot/1-kill with a sniper rifle, magnum, or shotgun.

So, nothing gives me greater pleasure than head-shotting the enemy flag carrier in one shot.

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Yeah that piston/teleporter trick is super llama material. Its hard to deal with because you either have to translocate up the base or you have to use the top teleporter and translocate or hop down. Another method is to go to the opponents base and snipe from there or use a redeemer. If the opposing base has good snipers though it could be a difficult task. I had the satisfaction of disposing of a pretty popular player that was camping the redeemer with this trick by going up top and hopping down. I gave him enough time to turn around so I could see the fear in his eyes before I blasted his lame a$$ (hehe). I won't name the player cause he really is good and the last thing I need is to make his hit list. I just wish I could have gave him the H key before I blasted him. Geez I'm a sick dirty bastard. Anyways what the hell am I still posting here for? God..im addicted, no... no I'm not!